SEIBOLD - Online Chromium Analyser
Natural sources. Chromium is widely distributed in the Earth’s crust. It can exist in valences of +2 to +6. In general, food appears to be the major source of intake. Industry. Chromium is seldom used alone; as an additive it endows alloys or materials with new properties: strength, hardness, permanence, hygiene, color and resistance to temperature, wear and corrosion.
Drinking water. A guideline value of 0.05 mg/litre of total chromium is recommended in drinking-water.
Toxicity. In humans and animals, Cr(III) is an essential nutrient. The overall toxicity, carcinogenicity and general hazards of chromium are highly related to chemical speciation, the hexavalent chromium compounds being more toxic than the trivalent compounds.
Metal is measured as chelate complex between metal ions in the waste water and sensitive spectrophotometric reagent dye. Change of the intensity of the visible light throughout cuvette containing formed metal complex is directly proportional to metal concentration.
- Robust design.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Easy handling.
- High accuracy and precision.
- Suitable for mission critical applications.
- Automated cleaning and calibration.
- Spectrophotometric (LED, detector)
- Continuous; Discontinuous (programmable, external start)
Sample and Reagents consumption per measurement
- Sample: ~ 75 - 200 ml
- Seibold Buffer and Reagent: ~ 3 ml
- Ambient operating temperature, sample temperature: 5 to 40°C
- Ambient operating humidity: Up to 95 % RH non-condensing (bellow the condensation limit)
- Supply voltage: 220 … 230 V AC, 50…60 Hz (110 V AC or 24 V DC, optional)
- Power consumption: approx 50 VA
- Output signal: 4…20 mA
- Color, TFT, liquid crystal display (LCD) with built-in backlight and brightness adjustment.
- Maintenance interval: 3 months