Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR)
The best municipal technology is now available for residential and commercial use. Sequencing batch reactors (SBR’s) have been around for a long time. They were operating successfully long before flow-through, activated sludge systems were designed. In flow-based systems, variables in the flow can cause upsets and incomplete treatment. Because the SBR process is time-based rather than flow-based, there is much more control of the treatment process – both in multiple and single tank systems.
- Modular Design tanks operate in parallel, so a single tank can be taken off-line during low-flow seasons or for maintenance. With Walden’s incremental tank system, you can start small and add on as you grow.
- No Clarifer Tanks means less valuable space required for Walden treatment systems.
- No Sludge Return Pumps means less operator time needed for managing sludge inventory.
- Easy Maintenance. Walden’s high quality mechanical components need only routine lubrication and an oil change. Interior finish cleans quickly.
- All components are non-corrosive.
- Perfect settling conditions. Because the process is controlled, quiescent settling conditions are obtained.
- Short Circuiting Eliminated. Baffling and long, narrow tanks prevent short-circuiting.
- Handles Shock-loading. Time-based, rather than flow-based process.
- Nutrient Removal capabilities. Easily obtained with change in operating strategy.
- Filamentous Growth easily controlled. Vary operating strategies to produce results.