The shaftless screw conveyor is the ideal solution to convey and meter the sludge or bulk materials coming out of centrifuges, presses and mixers. The shaftless design gives the opportunity to convey sticky and sluggish material without the risks associated with material building around the shaft. It also enables a filling rate of up to 100%, making it more efficient and the simplicity of its layout allows for space and money savings.
The shaftless screw conveyor was first designed for applications in the wastewater treatment industry (WWTP, Municipal), because of the nature of the bio-solids (sludge) to be conveyed, and later was adapted to other industries thanks to its efficiency. It can now replace the traditional shafted screw conveyor in most applications.
Shaftless screw conveyors are often used by Atara Equipment to solve some of the difficulties our customers may be encountering. Take a look at our case studies section to know more about how we used those products to solve their problems.
Low cost operation :
- No seals, hangers or bearings.
- No plugs, no clogs to prevent continuous operation.
- 50% higher filling proportion to the trough relative to conventional shafted screw conveyors.
- Conveyors can be horizontal, inclined or vertical.
- Removable wear Liner
- Completely enclosed and gasketed for odor and spillage control.
Space saving :
- A pushing drive with free-end spiral permits direct axial and angled connections for positive transfer of material.
- Municipal (waste management)
- Industrial (food industries, chemical industries, incineration plants, pulp and paper...)
- Formed with a press brake.
- Double rolled edges.
- No holes in trough / completely sealed.
- Material: SS304, SS316, or steel painted.
- Trough lids bolted / inspection hatches.
Wear liners :
- Removable (ease of maintenance).
- Material: UHMW, Hardox, Pure Gum Rubber.
Spiral profiles :
- Shaftless screw : Tapered design.
- Largest cross section to the inner: inner spiral is the area which takes most of the stress (axial loading).
- Hardox 400HB peripheral edge: wear resistant.
- For additional safety, our conveyors can come with an immediate stop brake system (optional)
We also offer a range of flexible screw conveyors that can be used for different applications.