Shaftless Screw Conveyors (STS )
STS-type Shaftless Spiral Conveyors follow the principle of traditional shaftless screw conveyor design. The shaftless spiral is driven by a direct drive without the need for hanger bearings. Lengths of up to 50m are achievable without hanger bearings. Our technology is in the design of a very high tensile strength spiral which allows us to manufacture shaftless spirals of up to 700mm in diameter. The shaftless spiral runs on special ultra high molecular weight polyetheylene liner with strong wear resistant properties: available with wear indicators too. Alternatively , for very abrasive material such as sand/grit stainless steel bars are used. The liners are long life and easily replaceable. STS are used for units that are horizontal or inclined by maximum 30°.
PERFORMANCE AND TECHNICAL FEATURES
- STS = horizontal and inclined shaftless spiral conveyors
Range and performance
- External Diameter up to 700 mm
- Throughput up to 150 m³/h
- Length up to 50 m
- Trough housing made of stainless steel
- Shaftless screw made of high tensile carbon steel or stainless steel
- Trough liner made of UHMWP or stainless steel bars
- Several accessories , such as inlet hopper , outlet , support , etc… , are available to suit any type of installation .
- The unit can be manufactured from stainless steel , on request .
- Municipal waste water treatment plants to transport sludge , screenings , and scum
- Industrial waste treatment plants
- Paper mills
- Food processing ( vegetables , fruit , fish , etc … ; in some cases process-integrated use )
Advantages and innovative features
- Absence of outlet end bearing and intermediate bearing assemblies
- Conveying lengths up to 50 metres and more
- No mechanical components in contact with the handled product
- Low speed
- No jamming or blocking even in the presence of fibrous products
- Fully enclosed pollution-free equipment