Shimadzu IRSpirit - Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrometer
Small and lightweight, but with a standard-sized sample compartment, Shimadzu’s compact, portable IRSpirit FTIR provides unmatched functionality in its class of instruments, while delivering exceptional reliability in contaminant analysis, identification tests, and quantitative measurements.
Space-Efficient Design with High Expandability
The IRSpirit allows access from two sides, meaning samples can be measured with the unit positioned horizontally or vertically. The start switch is accessible and the humidity indicator is visible from both directions.
Featuring the widest sample compartment in its class, the IRSpirit offers outstanding application flexibility, easily accommodating both Shimadzu and 3rd party accessories, such as ATR, diffuse reflectance, and transmission accessories.
Guided Workflow-Based Software Program (IR Pilot)
This package of 23 applications gives analysts the ability to measure samples or print results with a few mouse clicks. In addition, the IR Pilot program allows operators with minimal analytical knowledge to obtain results quickly by simply selecting the accessory and sample form.
In addition to IR Pilot, the IRSpirit FTIR spectrophotometer features the following:
- Identification Test Program – This program makes pass/fail judgments for test samples based on verification methods described in Pharmacopoeia and standards specified in each country
- Contaminant Analysis Program – Identifies measured contaminants using Shimadzu's proprietary identification algorithm in combination with a library of more than 550 spectra, and after data analysis, automatically makes a pass/fail judgment and creates a report.
Stable, Reliable Performance
The instrument includes a sealed interferometer that protects the beam splitter from both air and moisture, and features dynamic alignment at 5000 times/second and a high-brightness ceramic light source. Other features/functions include:
- DLATGS detector with a temperature-control function
- Status monitor function with electrical and paper-based indicators
- Automatic verification of instrument status during warm-up
- Automatic self-diagnostics function
- Designed to endure high-humidity environments (selectable KRS-5 window + optional electric dehumidifier).
An “Easy Macro” program allows users to effortlessly create macros for routine tasks, which improves productivity and allows even novice FTIR users to the system with ease.
The IRSpirit can be equipped with a variety of options to facilitate analysis and address a wide range of applications. These include:
- QATR-S single-reflection ATR measurement attachment
- MHP-1 hand-driven press used to produce 4 mm dia KBr pellets
- Contaminant library – for analyzing contaminants in tap water and food
- Thermal-damaged plastics library – contains data of degraded plastics that have been oxidized by heating
- Time course software
- EDXIR-Analysis software – designed specially to perform qualitative analysis using data acquired by an energy dispersive X-ray (EDX) fluorescence spectrometer and a Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer
- Dehumidifier Unit - This is the same electric dehumidifier unit used in the higher-end models (IRAffinity-1 series and IRTracer-100). The dehumidifier is driven by stand-by power, so it is possible to maintain a low level of humidity inside the interferometer even when the FTIR is not used (AC power supply). It can reduce the labor and maintenance costs associated with replacing the silica gel.