Shimadzu - Model GCMS-QP2020 NX - Single Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
The Shimadzu single quadrupole GCMS-QP2020 NX gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer (GC-MS) is not only the highest performer in its class, but also the most efficient. This new high-end single-quad GCMS easily meets the ever-growing need for both ease of use and robustness. And, as the importance of high-performance analytical instruments for monitoring microscopic quantities of compounds related to environmental pollution, forensic applications and material and chemical development continues to grow, the efficient, reliable GCMS-QP2020 NX is a tailored fit for your laboratory.
- High-performance ion source and ion optics enhance ionization and transport efficiency
- Large-capacity turbomolecular pump with enhanced exhaust efficiency improves use with helium as well as hydrogen and nitrogen
- Improved temperature control function enables more precise oven temperature and three new cooling rate levels that can be specified
- Easily switch between EI and PCI methods using new Smart-CI source
- High-speed scan and data acquisition using Advance Scanning Speed Protocol (AASPTM) to achieve speeds up to 20,000 µ/second across all masses
- Ecology mode reduces costs associated with power and carrier gas consumption
- Smart productivity features like:
- Active-Time Management that accurately determines operation times
- Simplified injection port maintenance with new Click-Tek injection port top.
- Twin-line MS kit eliminates the need to swap columns by installing two columns into the MS at one time.
Minimizing adsorption and other losses in the flow path from sample injection to the detector is important for stable, high-sensitivity measurements using GC/MS. The flow lines in the GCMS-QP series and the GCMS-TQ series consist of high-quality, highly reliable consumable parts, so even trace concentrations of components can be detected with high sensitivity and favorable repeatability.
Utilizing patented Advanced Scanning Speed Protocol (AASPTM) technology allows high-speed scanning at 20,000 u/second without sensitivity loss or spectral distortion. This is effective for scan data sensitivity improvements and favorable mass spectrum acquisition, particularly in high-speed analysis with Fast-GC/MS, simultaneous Scan/SIM, FASST analysis, and applications using Comprehensive GC/MS (GC x GC/MS).
The precision-designed quadrupole mass filter is able to obtain accurate mass assignments across the entire mass range, and is equipped with a pre-filter to reduce the influence of contamination on the main filter.