Sierra SmartTrak - Model 50 Series - Low-Cost Digital Mass Flow Controllers & Mass Flow Meters
For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, the SmartTrak 50 is a true digital MFC and shares the same accuracy and repeatability as the flagship SmartTrak 100 with a few less features, slightly larger footprint, but more economical price.
The SmartTrak 50 series of meters and controllers is designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control you can rely on, every time. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
How is a gas mass flow meter calibrated?
A mass flow meter should have a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to ensure the best speed and reliability. Sierra’s SmartTrak 50 features NIST traceable accuracy backed by a 10-point primary standard calibration over the entire flow range.
Prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house? Sierra provides all necessary software and training, and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
Software: Free user software is provided with every unit.
Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
Achieve unmatched precision: Watch 'How It Works' Video.
User's Guide: Thermal Mass Flow Controllers
- Ideal for OEM, industry and research
- Patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design, advanced, platinum-wound capillary sensor
- Mass flow rate up to 200 slpm (nlpm); higher upon request
- Choice of aluminum or stainless-steel construction
- Compact size makes drop-in replacement easy
- Local display and digital setpoint control
- Optional analog setpoint/output signals
- Field adjustable zero and span
- Primary Standard calibration & NIST traceability
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Precision digital PID valve control; no valve tuning or adjustment
- Free user software
- RS-485 (addressable)
- I/O DB9 comm ports on each side of enclosure for installation flexibility
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Source code for RS-232 communication provided
- All clean gases, including toxics and corrosives
- Accuracy of +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability of +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 10 sccm to 0-200 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure up to 145 psig (10 barg)
- Gas/ambient temperature 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Response time: 300ms time constant: 2 seconds (typical) to within ± 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- 24 VDC input power
- Viton® seals (other elastomers available)
- 316 stainless-steel or aluminum construction
- Analog or digital signals included: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 4-20 mA; 0-5 VDC
- CE approved