Sievers - Model 860 - Laboratory Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer
The Sievers 860 Laboratory Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer was designed specifically for pharmaceutical applications. Based on the proven technology used in the best-selling Sievers 900 Laboratory model, the new Sievers 860 provides excellent analytical performance and a streamlined feature set designed to meet general pharmaceutical water testing requirements, including purified water (PW) and water for injection (WFI). It has a linear range of 0.3 ppb to 1.5 ppm, and offers a more robust alternative to the direct conductivity method.
Like other Sievers TOC analyzers, the Sievers 860 is easy to set up, operate and maintain, and requires no special operator training. To keep cost of ownership low, the Sievers 860 needs no internal reagents. The Analyzer offers automated calibration and validation, fast analysis, and automated reagent adjustment. For demanding lab applications, the 860 can be connected to the optional GE Autosampler RT12.
The innovative DataPlus software makes the Sievers 860 more than an analyzer. DataPlus gives operators new insight into water system performance. Featuring an intuitive PC-based interface, the software lets you easily manage the data sample points in your water system and comply with global TOC monitoring requirements, such as the US, European, Chinese, Indian, and Japanese Pharmacopeias (USP, EP, ChP, IP, and JP).
Key features and benefits of the Sievers 860 Laboratory Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer include:
Proven Sievers technology
The Sievers 860 Laboratory TOC Analyzer uses the proven Sievers Membrane Conductometric TOC technology that provides unsurpassed analytical performance and reliability.
The Sievers 860 complies with major global pharmacopeia requirements.
The Sievers 860's streamlined feature set was carefully designed to reduce costs, while still offeringhigh performance for select pharmaceutical applications.
The Sievers 860 can operate standalone via the instrument's keypad or with a PC.
DataPlus enables easy analyzer operation, data management, water quality trending, document creation, and regulatory compliance.
Features one-year calibration stability and needs just a few hours of annual preventive maintenance.
Total Organic Carbon
- Linear Range : 0.03 ppb to 1.5 ppm TOC
- Precision : 0.1 ppb or 1%, whichever is greater
- Accuracy : ± 5% at 500 ppb C of sucrose
- Analysis Time : 6 minutes
- Sample Flow Rate (nominal) : Analysis mode: 0.25 mL/min
- Fast Flush (between samples): 0.5 mL/min
- Sample pH : >3
- Sampling Method : Grab Sampling
- Operation : PC or standalone operation; one PC can control up to four analyzers
- Power Requirements : 100-240 ±10% VAC, 60 W, 50/60 Hz
- Fuses : T1.6 A, 250 VAC (SloBlo), size 5 x 20 mm (appliance inlet)
- Ambient Temperature : 10 °C to 40 °C
- Normal Operating Environment : Intended for indoor use only
- Maximum Relative Humidity : Up to 95%, non-condensing
- Maximum Altitude (known to meet performance specifications) : 3,000 m (9,843 ft)
- Sparge Gas (if used) : Inlet pressure: 30 psig to 50 psig
- Sparge Gas Flow Rate : 120 mL/min to 150 mL/min
- Calibration Stability : Typically stable for 12 months
- Outputs : Serial RS-232 output (2); USB port (1); parallel printer port (1)
- Installation/Overvoltage Category : II
- Safety Certifications : CE, ETL listed. Conforms to UL Std. 61010-1. Certified to CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Pollution Degree : 2
- Display : Color LCD
- Dimensions : H: 43.0 cm (16.9 in); W: 21.5 cm (8.5 in); D: 40.5 cm (15.9 in)
- Weight : 10.5 kg (23.0 lb)