Sievers - Model M9 Portable - Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer
The Sievers M9 Portable Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer is the most versatile of the M9 TOC Analyzer Series, offering maximum flexibility for how and where it is used. Weighing just 9.4 kg (20.8 lb), it's lightweight, compact design makes it a powerful troubleshooting analysis tool that can be installed online for continuous measurement or carried to any location in the water system.
The M9 Portable is engineered for ease of use and cost-effective operation, allowing it to be used for single grab samples, with an optional autosampler, or in a process stream for continuous on-line TOC measurement.
An unequalled level of efficiency and flexibility
- 50% faster TOC analysis over legacy 900 Analyzers, providing readings in only two minutes
- Automated operations (calibration, verification, and data analysis) and Autoreagent feature enable unattended operation.
- Streamlined protocols, and saved methods are now available at the instrument.
Easy to use and cost-effective
- More informative error and alert messages with graphically enhanced fast-links for independent troubleshooting
- Database structure allows more useful ways to arrange, search and query data
- No need for external reagents or gas supplies
- Minimal maintenance - only a few hours of preventive maintenance per year
- Calibration is stable for 12 months
- Large, color, touch-screen display with intuitive menus.
Compliance with the Japanese Pharmaceopeia 16 (JP16) and Other Global Pharmacopeias
The Sievers M9 Series and the Sievers 500 RL now offer integrated firmware and software support to meet Japanese Pharmacopeia 16 (JP16), JP<2.59> TOC Test and JP<2.51> Conductivity Test requirements for Purified Water (PW) and Water for Injection (WFI). The JP <2.59> TOC standard requires different compounds and calculations for calibration and system suitability testing than those specified in the USP and EP monographs.
The Sievers M9 and 500 RL Series TOC Analyzers support all other major global pharmacopeias, including the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), European Pharmacopeia (EP), Chinese Pharmacopeia (CP), and the Indian Pharmacopeia (IP).
Unique TOC technology
The UV/persulfate oxidation method and unique Membrane Conductometric Detection Technology deliver unmatched accuracy and precision across the M9 Portable Analyzer’s 0.03 parts per billion (ppb) to 50 parts per million (ppm) operating range. The M9 Portable Analyzer meets or exceeds today's most common pharmaceutical and USEPA regulatory requirements.
The Sievers M9 Portable Analyzer offers incomparable versatility in terms of applications and sampling modes. Weighing only 9.4 kg (20.8 lb), the M9 Portable can be hand carried to any sample point for on-line measurement, and it can also be used as a lab instrument for measring discrete samples. Use it with the GE Autosampler for increased capacity. It has a dynamic TOC operating range of 0.03 ppb to 50 ppm.
Stage 1 Sample Conductivity Analysis
Electrical Conductivity in water is a measure of the ion-facilitated electron flow through it. Water molecules dissociate into ions as a function of pH and temperature and result in a very predictable Conductivity.
The new M9 Portable Analyzer offers Sample Conductivity measurement. Enabling simple Stage 1 analysis with results in only two minutes, sample conductivity saves users time, eliminates sample-handling issues and minimizes potential failures. Other processes require two separate technologies to measure TOC and Conductivity. Using one sample vial, the Sievers M9 TOC Analyzers simultaneously analyze and report two discrete results for TOC and Conductivity.
Advanced Productivity and Efficiency
The M9 Portable provides automated calibration, verification, and data analysis reports. The Autoreagent adjustment feature automatically establishes optimal reagent flow rates for all samples. The M9 Portable's modular design facilitates quick consumables replacement. Equipped with the Integrated On-Line Sampling System (IOS System™), the M9 Portable allows the easy introduction of external standards and samples without removing the instrument from the continuous sample source or changing the sample inlet configuration.
Only minimal preventative maintenance is required, typically just a few hours per year. And, the M9 Portable offers 12-month calibration stability, unlike competing analyzers that require weekly or even daily calibration. Users can select a single or multi-point calibration. To further simplify operation, calibration calculations are performed and constants updated automatically. The Analyzer uses carefully selected materials and components to ensure maximum uptime and reliability.
- Range : 0.03 ppb to 50 ppm
- Precision : < 1% RSD
- Accuracy : ± 2% or ± 0.5 ppb, whichever is greater
- Display Readout : 3 significant digits
- Sample Type : On-line continuous, Autosampler or discrete grab sample
- Calibration : Typically stable for 12 months
- Analysis Time : 2 minutes (4 seconds with the optional Turbo mode)
- Sample Temperature** : 5–95 °C (41–203 °F)
- Ambient Temperature : 5–40 °C (41–104 °F)
- Sample Pressure : 100 psig
- On-Line Flow Rate : >50 mL/min (for on-line mode)
- Instrument Sample
- Flow Rate : 0.5 mL/min
- Outputs : 4-20 mA outputs (3);0 alarm outputs (4); binary input (1); USB device port (1); USB host ports (2); Ethernet
- Display : 7' WVGA 800X480 pixel, Color LCD with touch-screen
- Power : 100 - 240 V~, 50 -60 Hz, 100 VA
- Fuses : Replace with same type and size fuse: T 1.6 A 350 VAC Fuse (Slow Blow), size 5 X 20 mm appliance inlet
- Dimensions : H: 39.5 cm (15.4 in); W: 22.9 cm (9.0 in); D: 46.4 cm (18.3 in)
- Weight : 9.4 kg (20.8 lb)
- Enclosure Rating : IP-21
- Safety Certifications : ETL, CE (see Declaration of Conformity)
Sample Conductivity (Optional)
- Raw Conductivity Range : 0.01 to 2,000 μS/cm
- Conductivity Accuracy : ±0.005 μS/cm or ±1%.whichever is greater
- Pollution Degree : <0.25% RSD
- Maximum Relative Humidity : 0 - 95%, non-condensing
- Maximum Altitude : 3,000 m (9.800 ft)
- Pollution Degree : 2