Simsite - Impellers & Rings
Unlike any other Pump Companies, SIMS provides Customers with Impellers, Rings, Sleeves, Guide Bearings, Mechanical seals, Complete Pumps, and many other Pump Parts that outlast, and outperform other products on the market!
SIMSITE® Impellers are superior to all other impellers on the market. SIMSITE® Impellers Never corrode in Sea Water, Wastewater, Sewage, or Chlorinated water applications, and are excellent for many chemical applications. Since 1919, SIMS has focused on complete customer satisfaction with every product manufactured. A unique unconditional customer guarantee is made possible by the highest standards of engineering, manufacture, and customer service.
All SIMSITE® Impellers are 100% machined on the inside as well as the outside from solid blocks of the structural composite, which offers Superior Mechanical Strength, Perfect Balance, Better Performance, Smoother Surfaces, and Longer Life!
Both Impellers ran for 2 years. The SIMSITE® Impeller on the left looks like new! Simsite® is a patented family of superior structural engineered Composite Pumps and Pump Parts approved by the US Navy (and Other Navies around the World), for Navy, Marine, Chemical, Industrial and Waste water applications.
- SIMSITE® Impellers and Rings are Corrosion resistant and do not support Electrolysis!
- They NEVER Corrode in in Seawater, Wastewater, Sewage, or Chlorinated Water and are excellent with most Chemicals!
- Simsite® Impellers& Rings are Cavitation & Erosion Resistant!
- Superior to all metallic Pumps in Seawater, Wastewater, Sewage, and Chemical services!
- Operate at Higher Efficiencies.
- Lighter Weight. SIMSITE® Impellers and Rings are 1/6 the weight of bronze, or stainless steel. The high strength to weight ratio of the Simsite® Impeller means a substantial reduction in start-up load, longer bearing and mechanical seal life, and less shaft deflection and vibration!
- Simsite® Impellers have Perfect Balance and they maintain this perfect balance over the life of the pump!
- Eliminate electrolysis. Simsite® is an inert composite which does not conduct electrolysis and therefore saves or prolongs the life of the pump casing even if it is metallic!
- Increase performance, longevity and reliability!
- Simsite® Impellers are 100% precision machined from one piece. They are machined on the inside as well as the outside from solid blocks of the structurally engineered composite, which offers Superior Mechanical Strength, Perfect Balance, Better Performance, Smoother Surfaces and Longer Life!
- Tighter Seals. Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings will not gall or seize like metallic rings. Therefore, they can operate with a tighter clearance, permitting less leakage through the rings and impeller, which increased pump efficiency. Additionally, Simsite® Casing Rings seal against the casing, which prevents the “wash out” of the casing ring landing areas which is a common maintenance problem with centrifugal pumps.
- Reduces Noise and Vibration. Because of the high efficiency and the precision machined design of the Simsite® Impeller and Pump Casing, and because of the light weight, and noise absorbing characteristics of the structural engineered composite, noise & vibration are reduced in the pump.
Impellers machined from Simsite® offer tremendous advantages over traditional impellers cast from metal. Simsite® Impellers are light weight, offer tremendous mechanical strength, and corrosion, erosion & cavitation resistance. Simsite® Impellers and Casing Rings have been used successfully since 1955 in the Marine, Navy and Industrial & Chemical markets. Simsite® Impellers outlast and outperform impellers manufactured from bronze, stainless steel, duplex steel, monel, and even titanium.
Lower Costs – Increased Performance
Simsite® Impellers and Rings are excellent for new, repair, or retrofit applications. They are light weight and virtually indestructible. Wear of other pump parts including the pump casing are greatly reduced because of the Simsite® Impeller’s perfect balance, light weight, self-lubricating, sealing, and corrosion, erosion, & cavitation resistance. This means far less expense for replacement of parts, downtime, and years of trouble free performance.
Simsite®Impellers and Rings are excellent for new, repair, or retrofit applications. They are light weight and virtually indestructible. Wear of other pump parts including the pump casing are greatly reduced because of the Impeller’s perfect balance, light weight, self-lubricating, sealing, and corrosion, erosion, & cavitation resistance. This means far less expense for replacement of parts, downtime, and years of trouble free performance.
Designed for Superior Hydraulic Performance
Because Simsite® Impellers are computer engineered, designed, and precision machined, the impeller vane geometry can be engineered to maximize efficiency and performance. Problems such as recirculation, radial thrust, and cavitation can be minimized, or eliminated by upgrading to Simsite® Impellers & Rings. Impeller vane shapes can easily be modified to provide the best vane shape for specific applications and performance requests.
It is all too common a problem – You purchased a pump for one specific performance and when you put the pump into service in your plant, or ship, the pump operates at another point completely different from the original design point (BEP – best efficiency point) of the pump because of your system requirements. In addition to being very inefficient, when you operate the pump away from the original design point or BEP, it causes a multitude of problems. These problems include excessive noise & vibration, shaft oscillation, cavitation, premature wear and failure of the mechanical seals, bearings, rings, sleeves and impellers. In extreme cases, the shaft will break.
Fortunately, these problems can be easily resolved by installing Simsite® Impellers & Rings, which have been re-engineered for your system requirements. Not only is the efficiency of the pump improved, but also the reliability and longevity of the complete pump is substantially improved!
Key Reasons to Choose SIMSITE® Impellers & Casing Rings
- ELIMINATES ELECTROLYSIS - Simsite® is an inert composite which does not conduct electrolysis. Prolonged exposure to salt water will not affect Simsite® parts.
- CORROSION RESISTANT - One of the most important advantages Simsite® has over metal is its resistance to corrosion, erosion, and cavitation in seawater, wastewater, sewage, and chemical applications. Simsite® Products are also excellent with most chemical applications and they are not subject to damage by gasoline, oil, or refinery by-products.
- COMPUTERIZED HIGH EFFICIENCY DESIGN - All Simsite® Pumps, Impellers, and Pump Parts are precision machined, which increases accuracy and efficiency. The Impeller vane shapes are contoured for maximum performance and efficiency.
- EXCEPTIONAL MECHANICAL STRENGTH - The extraordinary high strength of Simsite® enables it to replace metal impellers which are subject to corrosion and erosion.
- TIGHTER SEALS - Simsite Casing Rings and Wear Rings will not gall or seize like metal rings. Therefore, Simsite Rings can operate with a tighter clearance permitting less leakage through the rings and increasing pump efficiency. Additionally, Simsite Casing and Wear Rings seal the casing. This prevents the 'wash out' of the casing ring areas that is a common maintenance problem with centrifugal pumps.
- LIGHT WEIGHT - The exceptional high strength-to-weight ratio of Simsite® permits a much lighter weight impeller. This means a substantial reduction in start-up load, longer bearing, ring, motor, and mechanical seal life, and less shaft deflection.
- REDUCES NOISE AND VIBRATION - Because of the high efficiency design of the Simsite® Impeller, its light weight, its noise absorbing characteristics, and its precision machined design, noise and vibration are reduced in the pump.
- Simsite® Impellers - perfect for retrofit and replacement applications
- Simsite® Impellers are an ideal replacement for bronze, or other metallic impellers, especially in corrosive pumping applications. Because Simsite® is an inert material, electrolysis within the pump is reduced considerably. As metallic impellers corrode, they become unbalanced, causing premature wear on all other rotating parts. By replacing worn out parts with Simsite, the pump lasts longer and costs are reduced.