Sinar GrainSpear - Model 6300 - Bulk Moisture and Temperature Analyser
The GrainSpear is the perfect solution for anybody looking to measure bulk foodstuffs. The highly sensitive, temperature compensated capacitance sensor is mounted on a 1 or 2 metre steel shaft allowing direct insertion into the heap. The moisture content and temperature can be read instantly from the digital display mounted on the top of the shaft.
This simple ‘insert and read’ operation allows multiple measurements of the bulk to be taken in seconds allowing you to build up an accurate picture of the heap without having to use clumsy sampling equipment. The GrainSpear really comes into its own during floor drying when the drying front can be tracked through the heap in real time giving you precise control.
Please take a look at our pdf datasheet for more detailed technical information.
- 6300-001 GrainSpear with 1 metre shaft
- 6300-002 GrainSpear with 2 metre shaft
- Easy to use – no sampling, weighing or grinding, simply insert into the grain heap and read
- Fast – instant digital readout of moisture and temperature
- Robust – rugged construction with no moving parts
- Accurate – many readings can be taken in a few seconds to give a truly representative picture of moisture in bulk foodstuffs
The Sinar GrainSpear is the practical solution for the determination of moisture and temperature in bulk foodstuffs at depths of up to 2 metres. It works simply by insertion, readings are shown instantly without the need for sampling, weighing or grinding.
The GrainSpear holds calibrations for six commodities allowing you to easily switch from measuring wheat to barley to oil seed rape all with a touch of a button. The six standard calibrations are; wheat, barley, oats, oil seed rape, peas and beans. Many alternative calibrations are available.
The GrainSpear is ideally suited for any environment where commodities and foodstuffs are being stored, handled and dried. It also serves as an excellent quick check at any intake point.
Available with either a 1m or 2m mild steel polyester powder coated shaft the GrainSpear offers precise measurements with a simple ‘insert and read’ operation.
- Product code: 6300-001AG (1m shaft), 6300-002AG (2m shaft)
- Power: 4×1.5V AA cells or d.c. supply
- Range: Moisture 0 to 35%, Temperature -20 to 60°C
- Resolution: Moisture 0.1%, Temperature 0.1°C
- Accuracy: Moisture: better than 0.5% over a given range Temperature: better than 0.5°C
- Measurement Principles: Moisture: Temperature compensated electric field Temperature: BS 1904/DIN 751 Platinum Resistance Detector
- Standard Calibrations: Wheat, Barley, Oats, Oilseed Rape, Peas and Beans
- Optional Calibrations: Rye Grass, Soybean, Linseed, Corn (Maize), Peanuts, Sunflower, Rice, Cocoa Beans, Green Coffee Beans