Singer Valve - Model 106/206-EF-8837BX - Excess Flow (Burst Control) Valve
From Flow Control
The 106-EF-8837BX and 206-EF-8837BX excess flow valves are based on the 106-PT and 206-PT Double Chamber main valves. The valve is designed to shut-off tightly when flow exceeds a predetermined amount. The 625-RPD pilot senses the pressure drop of the valve and closes the valve when the tripping flow is reached. Typical pressure drop at tripping is 5 psi / 0.35 bar.
Tripping flow is adjusted by limiting the valve opening with the X102 Stroke Limiter. 10 psi / 0.7 bar inlet pressure must be maintained at the valve inlet when the valve has tripped to prevent self re-setting. This valve closes fast and from a significant velocity. If the upstream pipe is longer than 2,000 ft /600 m, closing speed control should be included. When tripped (closed), this valve has a continuous exhaust of about 1 GPM / 0.063 L/sec to drain.
- Tight shut-off when flow exceeds a pre-determined amount
- Manual re-activation required after failure
- “Failure Signal” options available
- Model 106-PT-EF / 206-PT-EF Main Valve c/w X102 Stroke Limiter
- Model 625-RPD Normally Closed Pilot
- Fixed Restriction - 1/16 in / 1.6 mm (4A, 4B)
- ASCO Model V0122 Check Valve
- The valve shall be Singer Model 106-EF-8837BX or 206-EF-8837BX, size “___”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16 / 25 / 40) globe / angle style valve. Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-8837BX. Performance Requirements: The valve must trip consistently within 5 % of the nominal tripping flow and will consistently not trip at 90% of the nominal tripping flow.
- Refer to Main Valve section, see page 11, 106-PT or 206-PT for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, see page 249, Model 625-RPD Normally Closed Pilot for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.