Singer Valve - Model 106/206-RF - Flow Limiting Control Valve
From Flow Control Valves
The 106-RF and 206-RF rate of flow control valves are based on the 106-PG or 206-PG main valves. The valve is ideal for limiting the flow to a pre-determined maximum (via maintaining a continuous pressure differential across an orifice). When the pressure differential is less than the set-point, the valve opens, allowing flow to meet predetermined demand. At the desired maximum set-point, the pilot reacts to small changes in sensing pressure and controls the main valve position by modulating the pressure above the diaphragm.
When the pressure drop across the orifice exceeds the set-point, the valve closes slightly, limiting the flow to the pre-set maximum. The orifice is usually sized to generate a pressure differential of 3 to 5 psi / 0.2 to 0.35 bar at the desired flow. Adjusting the pilot setting permits the maximum flow to be changed in the field above or below the original point.
- Accurately limits flow to a pre-set maximum
- Easily adjustable flow limit
- Paddle-style orifice plate included
- Optional orifice plate housing
- Main Valve - 106-PG or 206-PG with X107 position indicator
- Isolation Valves (2A, 2B, 2C) standard
- Strainer - 40 mesh - standard on all sizes
- Model 26 Flow Stabilizer sizes 8 in / 200 mm 106, 10 in / 250 mm 206 and smaller is included
- Fixed Restriction
- Orifice Plate - paddle style - fits inside bolt pattern
- Model 160-RF Rate of Flow Pilot - specify for 2 to 20 psi / 0.138 to 1.38 bar; 25 to 50 psi / 1.72 to 3.4 bar
- 1/2 in / 15 mm Ball valve and Flare fittings - for downstream connection of sensing line to header - field install
- 3/8 in / 10 mm Sensing Tubing - supply and installation by others
- Optional: Closing Speed Control - model 852-B
- Optional: Orifice Plate and Housing Assembly
Standard materials for pilot system components are:
- ASTM B62 bronze or ASTM B-16 brass
- Stainless steel
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-RF / 206-RF, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16 / 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. The Model 160-RF Rate Of Flow Pilot shall have a flow set-point, preset at Singer Valve to “___” USGPM (Liters/ Second). Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-7427C.
- The valve maintains a relatively constant flow rate by sensing the pressure differential across the specially sized orifice plate (Orifice housings are provided as an option only). The flow rate is adjustable by changing the pilot’s setting (differential across orifice). When the pressure differential is less than the set-point the valve opens allowing flow to meet pre-determined demand. When the pressure drop across the orifice exceeds the set-point, the valve closes slightly, limit flow to the preset maximum.
- Refer to Main Valve section, see page 11, 106-PG (or 206-PG) for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Main Valve Option section, see page 74, Model x107 Position Indicator for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, see page 249, Model 160-RF Rate Of Flow Pilot and Model 26 Flow Stabilizer for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications. Orifice Plate sizing and specification information is available from Singer Valve.