Smart - Model W - Gravimetric Diluter
The Smart Dilutor W is the solution for labs seeking full processing capacity and traceability in gravimetric dilutions or liquid dispensing. This device ensures precision, rapidity, sample handling sterility, and detailed tracking of procedures.
Its precise weigh cell and powerful peristaltic pumps approach optimized gravimetric dilutions/ liquid dispensing to food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic quality control labs. Samples are inserted inside sterile bags, these are held by a sterility-ensuring holder. The Smart Dilutor W weighs samples and dispenses an accurate amount of broth, diluting the sample to a configurable dilution factor (rational number). Samples are now ready to be homogenized for further testing.
User friendliness: The instrument is commanded from a touch panel that eases operations, 2 point calibration cuts down calibration time to a few seconds.
Flexibility: The instrument allows for an array of possibilities including multiple diluent usage, linking of two pumps to gain extra dilution speed, liquid dispensing. Diluents can be driven from any ready to use media bag or ISO 4796 lid bottles.
Connectivity and traceability: The device can be used with a barcode reader to drive its advanced traceability features, send information to a printer to print records, or be connected to a LIMS.
After dilution, sample-containing bags can be stored in Portabag bagholders, awaiting to be homogenized in Masticator blenders. Once homogenized, aliquots can be serially diluted using the Bio Dilutor. The Eddy Jet 2 spiral plater is used in order to reduce the amount of plates that are processed, offering a threefold decimal dilution counting range in a single plate. Following incubation, plates are automatically counted and fed with the Plate Handler or automatically counted and manually fed with the SphereFlash®.
The Smart Dilutor W offers an advanced automation solution to both gravimetric dilutions and liquid dispensing. Adapted to dilute samples both within 400 ml and 80 ml bags, the device can process samples of up to 5 g with an error <1%. It can drive diluent from both ready to use media bags and regular media ISO 4796 bottles. One and two pump units are available. The total amount of pumps can be increased to reach 6 pumps when using the 4 pump accessory, enhancing performance and enabling the use of multiple diluents. 5 levels of instability tolerance allow to operate the device on unstable surfaces such as laminar flow cabinets or workbenches where a blender might be generating vibrations.
Records of dilutions can be kept by connecting the Smart Dilutor W to a printer or a LIMS. Barcode readers can be connected to the instrument to identify operators, samples and diluents.
Bags can be orderly placed in Portabag bag holders while awaiting further processing in Masticator blenders for homogenization. A specific platform and a multilevel dilution enable to perform dispensing procedures.
- Weight range 2400g (tare included)
- Display Resolution 0.1g
- Weight inaccuracy <1% (for weight ≥100g)
- Calibration weight 100g to 2000g users configurable (100g steps)
- Delivery speed 950ml(min (tube diameter:5mm)
- Sample weight resolution 0.01g (after stabilization)
- Dilution inaccuracy <1% (for dilution weight ≥100g) / <2% (for dilution weight ≥50g)
- Dispensing inaccuracy: <1% (for dispensing weight ≥100g) / <2% (for dispensing weight ≥50g)
- Dispensing range 20g to full weighting range
- Selectable surface vibration compensation levels 0-4
- Mains 100~240ACV 50/60 Hz
- Power 40W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 300x265x325 mm
- Weight 6.5Kg
- Printer connection: Serial RS232
- Printer records include: Date, Time, Operator ID, Sample ID, Sample Weight, Dilution Factor, Diluent ID, Total Weight, Final Accuracy, Last Calibration Date IUL Barcode reader connection