Developed by Analytik Jena, the technology is the first of its kind in the world to facilitate simple automation with conventional liquid handling systems. More than 35 years after silica-based DNA and RNA isolation was first scientifically documented, Analytik Jena is launching a global innovation in nucleic acid extraction. SmartExtraction significantly accelerates and considerably simplifies the entire procedure. Most notably, the technology accommodates the trend towards maximum process automation.
Benefits of DC Technology for your laboratory:
- Less steps in extraction workflow and faster lysis
- Best yields and high quality
- Available for a large number of starting materials
- RNA extraction without toxic β mercaptoethanol
- Platform technology for all extraction kits by Analytik Jena
- Easy to automate (SmartExtraction)
- Suitable also for large starting volumina
- Solutions for special applications such as free-circulating DNA or highly processed samples
Polymer mediated enrichment (PME) is a technology by Analytik Jena to isolate and purify free-circulating and cell-free DNA. PME can handle the smallest quantities of DNA or even DNA fragments (< 1000 nt) and produce reliable results. How it works: Cell-free DNA or fragments of DNA bind to a polymer. It will then be pelletized via centrifugation, followed by the release of the bound nucleic acids in a buffer solution.