Smartis - Smart Thermal Imaging System
Workswell SMARTIS (Smart Thermal Imaging System) is the first sample of a new category of so-called intelligent thermal cameras. It is an all-in-one solution featuring a thermal camera, control unit, I/O card, as well as a TPC/IP interface integrated within a single casing including an in-built webserver allowing for communication with a superior system, including any PLC with this interface.
Workswell SMARTIS thermal camera can be operated and configured independently without the need for connection to a PC or a superior unit. The thermal camera is offered in resolutions of 160 x 128 px, 336 x 256 px a 640 x 512 px and an LWIR microbolometer of the spectral range of 7.5 – 13.5 μm has been used as an optical sensor.
The Workswell SMARTIS thermal camera is designed for process automation, machine vision, but also for continuous measurements of temperatures in metrological and research applications. The thermal camera has been designed for use in process automation in such a way that it can autonomously control a smaller process or its part or become a part of the control system. For this reason, it has been equipped with a TCP/IP interface (Ethernet 100Mb/sec, RJ-45) and also complemented with digital inputs and an analogue output (current loop 0-24 ma/12 V).
The measurement scope of the thermal camera ranges from -25 °C to 550 °C, optionally up to 1500 °C. Metrologic accuracy (±2% or ±2°C) and sensitivity (up to 50 mK, i.e. 0.05 °C) have stood as priorities in the thermal camera’s development.
The In-Built Webserver
The Workswell SMARTIS thermal camera contains an in-built webserver enabling a complete setting of the thermal camera, including measurement functions, inputs and outputs and image streaming options.
- 4x current output (0-24 mA/12 V current loop)
- 7x digital output (with an open collector)
- 4x digital input/output for trigger
- Ethernet TCP/IP with a RJ-45 connector for communication with PLC, but also with the in-built webserver
- Process control
- Machine vision
- Multi-pyrometric functions with Analog output
- Metrology and R&D for process control
- Fire-Safety applications
- Temperature measurement in food processes
- An in-built webserver for the setting of the thermal camera and visualisation of the data measured
- A TCP/IP interface for communication with a superior system
- digital inputs/outputs enabling triggering and alarm outputs
- Temperature measurement up to 1500 °C, calibrated within the full temperature scale
- A wide spectrum of measurement functions (temperature profile, measurement point, areas enabling minimum and maximum assessments etc.)