Smartis - Model FS- EX - Smart Thermal Imaging System
Workswell SMARTIS (Smart Thermal Imaging System) is the first sample of a new category of so-called intelligent thermal cameras. It is an all-in-one solution featuring a thermal camera, control unit, I/O card, as well as a TPC/IP interface integrated within a single casing including an in-built webserver allowing for communication with a superior system, including any PLC with this interface.
Workswell SMARTIS thermal camera can be operated and configured independently without the need for connection to a PC or a superior unit. The thermal camera is offered in resolutions of 160 x 128 px, 336 x 256 px a 640 x 512 px and an LWIR microbolometer of the spectral range of 7.5 – 13.5 μm has been used as an optical sensor.
The Workswell SMARTIS thermal camera is designed for fire protection for landfills, incinerators, warehouses, as well as a control condition in the foundry ladle and more. The thermal camera has been designed for use in process automation in such a way that it can autonomously control a smaller process or its part or become a part of the control system. For this reason, it has been equipped with a TCP/IP interface (Ethernet 100Mb/sec, RJ-45) and also complemented with digital inputs and an analogue output (current loop 0-24 ma/12 V).
The measurement scope of the thermal camera ranges from -25 °C to 550 °C, optionally up to 1500 °C. Metrologic accuracy (±2% or ±2°C) and sensitivity (up to 50 mK, i.e. 0.05 °C) have stood as priorities in the thermal camera’s development.
The In-Built Webserver
The Workswell WIRIS thermal camera contains an in-built webserver enabling a complete setting of the thermal camera, including measurement functions, inputs and outputs and image streaming options.
- 4x current output (0-24 mA/12 V current loop)
- 7x digital output (with an open collector)
- 4x digital input/output for trigger
- Ethernet TCP/IP with a RJ-45 connector for communication with PLC, but also with the in-built webserver
- Tower and warehouse protection
- Material storage system control
- Waste and coal conveyers
- Waste and coal bunkers
- Perimeter monitoring
- Agricultural landfilling
- Ladle integrity control
- Critical slag detection
- An in-built webserver for the setting of the thermal camera and visualisation of the data measured
- A TCP/IP interface for communication with a superior system
- digital inputs/outputs enabling triggering and alarm outputs
- Temperature measurement up to 1500 °C, calibrated within the full temperature scale
- A wide spectrum of measurement functions (temperature profile, measurement point, areas enabling minimum and maximum assessments etc.)