Smart - Model MGS - Combines Premium Shaft Grounding
The Inpro/Seal Smart MGS combines premium shaft grounding with Bearing Isolator technology to provide complete bearing protection for severe-duty applications. The Smart MGS employs proven shaft grounding technology with the patented VBXX Bearing Isolator. Conductive filaments are isolated within the seal and provide a low impedance path to ground, diverting stray shaft currents safely away from the bearings to ground. The seal's stator/rotor interface permanently protects against contamination ingress while the D-Groove and grease band seal against lubrication loss for either oil or grease lubricated applications.
The Smart MGS significantly increases long term grounding effectiveness. Isolated conductive filaments contact an integrated bronze rotor rather than the shaft directly, providing a consistent surface regardless of shaft condition and protecting the filaments from contamination.
When carbon filaments and the shaft are in direct contact, as in most grounding ring designs, conduction inhibiting oxidation forms on the shaft, reducing effectiveness over time. Some devices require the application of silver coatings or other Maintenance to the shaft at regular intervals to maintain performance. the innovative use of the bronze rotor as a conductive element within the Smart MGS design eliminates shaft oxidation without requiring costly ongoing maintenance.
Standard equipped with a Smart terminal, the Smart MGS is designed to connect to the Smart Ground Monitor to verify performance.
- Smart Terminal: connects to the Smart Ground Monitor to provide condition monitoring
- VBXX Interface: unique stator/rotor interface for permanent protection against contamination ingress
- VBX O-ring: blocks the transfer of vapor contamination created by heating and cooling of the bearing enclosure
- Isolated Conductive Filaments: protected from contamination while providing a path to ground for shaft currents, away from the bearings
- Bronze Rotor: promotes premium grounding performance through consistent contact with conductive filaments; prevents non-conductive oxidation from forming on the shaft
- Conductive O-ring: maintains conductivity for shaft currents and drive shaft sleeve
- D-Groove and Grease Band: provide protection against lubrication loss for both grease and oil-lubricated applications