These units are extremely easy to use. Once they are connected to an air source, the drum that is to be compacted into must be centered under the ram plate and then press the palm buttons.
Caution: Be sure not to place any rigid material, such as metal and wood, in the container to be compacted. The Smash-It compactors are designed to compact compressible materials like cloth, paper, and plastic items only. If unsure whether the material meets these criteria, please check with American Compactor, Inc.
These compactors were designed with safety in mind. The actuator is a two-hand, no tie-down safety circuit that provides output only when both palms are pressed within two tenths of a second. If the buttons are released, the compaction plate is automatically retracted.
- Smash-It compactors are pneumatic only and do not require any electrical connection.
- The ram plate is a composite resin and fiberglass material which is non-sparking.
- Model Number : A55-1001-8PB
- 8” Cylinder Compaction Force : 5,000 Pounds (2,268 KG)
- 8” Cylinder Stroke : 27 “ (69 cm)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 72” x 29” x 24” (183 cm x 74 cm x 61 cm)
- Compactor Footprint : 29” x 24” (74 cm x 61 cm)
- Ram Plate Diameter : 20” (51 cm)
- Input Air Pressure : 80 to 120 psi
- SCFM Required : 10 at 120 psi
- Safety Features : Two Hand No Tie Down Actuator
- Weight : 190 Pounds (86 KG)