SOFIE - Model II - Submersible Slow Turbine
From Bottom Aerators
The SOFIE is designed to be installed at the bottom of the tank and to operate either in aeration mode or in stirring mode. The SOFIE has the particular feature of being both robust and reliable. The turbine is ready to use on delivery and requires only minimal maintenance. It is a good alternative to fine bubble aerators and is suitable for tanks with syncopated aeration.
- Improved efficiency
- Reduced energy consumption
- Possibility of mounting with a surface motor
- Easy maintenance of the rotor and gear motor
- Maintenance without emptying the tank (crane system)
- Equipment suitable for very deep tanks
- Good alternative to aeration with fine bubble diffusers
- French design and manufacturing
- IP68 gear motors available in energy class IE1 to IE3
- Reduced noise pollution
The SOFIE is essentially composed of a dynamically hydro-optimised, stainless steel blade rotor housed in a vacuum housing with ejection ducts. The rotor is driven by a submersible gear motor. The casing is connected to a central compressed air system by a flexible hose.
The manufacturing of the gear motor, the choice of materials and the definition of a high service factor guarantee the performance and reliability of the SOFIE turbines.
Option of supplying the rotor with polyester blades.