Solaropia - Model SPI-S Class - Solar Surface Pumping Systems
SPI-S class offers Solar pumping systems for surface pumps in applications ranging from small plants to large pumping stations and water district plants. It offers models than can operate pump up to 18,000 GPM (5000 m3/h).
Solaropia SPI-S Class represents a new generation of solar surface pumping systems that uses solar VFD technology to directly operate pumps up to 500 HP from Solar PV arrays.
High Efficiency-Lower Pumping Cost
Conventional solar inverters (Off and On Grid) are not suited to operate pumps – they would need four systems (Solar Inverter, Transformer, VFD, and Pump Controller) which translates into 20% of solar power loss. SPI eliminates all these systems (see the diagram below) and reduces solar system cost by average 40%-50%
- Operate pumps Off-Grid (in Rural Areas)
- Operate 24 hours pumping in hybrid Solar-AC mode (in Urban Areas)
- Pump type independent (no need to change existing pumps to use SPI solar power)
- Models to pump up to 15,000 GPM (5000 m3/h)
- Advanced Industrial pump protection functions
- Extremely efficient (about 40% higher efficiency than conventional solar systems)
SPI-S -500 model can pump 10 million GPD (40,000 m3/day) of fresh ground water using one solar surface pump at 500 KW PV
SPI-S 300 model can feed RO plants with 5 million GPD (20,000 m3/day) from sea water using one solar pump at 300 KW-PV
SPI-S 80 can supply 1million gallon of water per a day with 80KW PV to operate:
- 200 MW power plant
- 20,000 barrel oil production
SPI-S 300 model can operate pump to move 7 million GPD (20,000 m3 per day)
SPI models are referenced following pumps horse power (HP). SPI is operated by PV array in KW equal to the HP of pumps. SPI-S models up to 500 HP are listed here for required pumping head (H) and flow rate (Q). Models are referenced with the required pumping HP (KW PV).