Solinst - Model 407 - Pneumatically Controlled Groundwater Bladder Pump
From Groundwater Samplers
The Solinst Bladder Pump allows consistent, high quality samples in all types of applications. It offers excellent performance and reliability. With Solinst Bladder Pumps there is the assurance that there is no air/water contact during sampling. It meets the most rigorous US EPA standards for VOC groundwater monitoring.
The bladder ensures that drive air or gas does not contact the sample, thus avoiding degassing or contamination of the sample. Solinst Bladder Pumps are rugged and long lasting. PTFE bladders are ideal for dedication, while less expensive polyethylene bladders are available for those that prefer to change bladders after each use. Bladders and intake filters are easily replaced in the field in just a few minutes. No special tools required.
Excellent for either regular flow or low flow sampling, the stainless steel pumps can lift from depths up to 500 ft (150 m) below grade.
Use of a Flow-Through Cell System during low flow sampling, allows the continuous analysis of purge water, in-line, as it flows, so that sampling can begin as soon as the readings stabilize.
Packers are also available to further reduce purge volumes and to speed sampling times.
- Stainless Steel or Low Cost PVC:1.66” Ø (42 mm) and 1” Ø (25 mm) in 316 stainless steel. 1.66” Ø (42 mm) in PVC.
- Non-Vertical Applications: Pumps operate effectively at almost any angle and can be placed under landfills, tailings, storage tanks or contaminant plumes.
- Zero-Submergence Capability: Pumps can sample from low yield wells and allow complete emptying of the well.
- Leachate/Product Pumping: Pneumatic drive pumps are well suited for pumping contaminant liquids. Strong solvents and corrosive chemicals can be easily and economically pumped.
- Survives Dry Pumping, Dirty Air and Sand: Integra bladders are not damaged by operation in sediment laden water, or in dry pumping conditions.
- Freeze Protection Kit: Optional accessory available to prevent freezing in the sample line.
- High Quality Samples:Consistently accurate samples with excellent VOC sample integrity.
- Simplicity: The controller, air compressor and flow-through cell can be easily transported by one person to any site. Hookup to the pump is by compression fittings. Low purge volumes ensure rapid sampling.
- Cost Savings: Reduced need for repeat sampling and shorter time required for each sampling round.
- Bladders: Teflon Bladders are guaranteed for 10 years. Inexpensive polyethylene is also available.
The Solinst Bladder Pump
Solinst Bladder Pumps are manufactured from 316 stainless steel and have PTFE check balls. The bladder most frequently used is PTFE, however polyethylene bladders are also available. This is the ideal sampling pump for most types of municipal, industrial and general environmental applications, especially where VOC analysis of the sample is important.
The pump body of the standard Solinst Bladder Pump is a convenient 1.66' dia. (42 mm) and comes in lengths of 2 ft and 4 ft (0.6 m and 1.2 m). 1' dia. (25 mm) bladder pumps are also available for narrower applications and for use in the Waterloo Multilevel System. (See Model 401 Data Sheet.)