Solinst Rainlogger Edge - Model 3002 - Rain Gauge Datalogger
The Rainlogger Edge is an inexpensive datalogger designed to record the tips of a standard tipping-bucket rain gauge with a normally-open style reed switch output. This compact and durable field unit offers long-term reliability and convenience with a battery that lasts up to 10 years, and improved ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection with an ABS housing.
The event time stamp and total rainfall per time period is logged in non-volatile memory, which holds up to 60,000 readings. Sampling is event based, as the Rainlogger Edge records and saves each tip of the tipping-bucket as it happens.
Levelogger customers can add rainfall data to their water level monitoring networks using the intuitiveLevelogger Software. The Rainlogger Edge provides easy incorporation of precipitation data into existing Levelogger data. Rainfall data can allow correlation between precipitation events and changes in groundwater or surface water levels.
The Rainlogger Edge is compatible with all Solinst Levelogger communication and deployment accessories. Logged data can be downloaded direct to a PC, your smart device using the Solinst Levelogger App, or to a DataGrabber data transfer device. This versatile logger has the ability to integrate into a Solinst Telemetry System and has the option to communicate using SDI-12 protocol (See Model 9100 STS Telemetry System and 3001 Levelogger Series Data Sheets.)
- Add rainfall data to your Levelogger network
- ABS housing provides improved ESD protection
- Memory for up to 60,000 time stamped readings
- Low maintenance with 10 year battery
- Designed to be used with most tipping-buckets
- Compatible with Solinst Telemetry Systems
The Rainlogger is also able to communicate with a Leveloader Gold. The Rainlogger is easily deployed in the field, using a 3-pin connector cable attached to the rain gauge.
Data downloading can be ‘All Data’, ‘Append Data’, ‘Partial Data’, or ‘Data Dump’ at any time. Data can be displayed in graph or table format and exported to other programs. The Rainlogger has self-test capability, a reliable EEPROM memory and FRAM back-up memory and the ability to upgrade firmware.
- Measuring local precipitation
- Determining peak rainfall events
- Stormwater management
- Remote monitoring of watersheds
- Ideal for correlating precipitation events to:
- Groundwater and surface water data
- Watershed and drainage basin studies
- Agricultural and forestry studies
- Battery Life : 10 years (logging 2 parameters/10 minutes)
- Clock Accuracy : +/- 1 minute/year
- Operating Temperature : -20°C to 80°C
- Maximum # Readings : 60,000 readings
- Memory : FRAM
- Communication : Optical infra-red to RS232 or USB
- Sampling Mode : Event Based, Real Time View
- Sampling Rate : Variable - records each tip
- Size : 7/8' x 7' (22 mm x 175 mm)
- Weight : 4.8 oz (135 grams)
- Wetted Materials : ABS, Delrin®, Viton®