Model System 824 - Sound Level Meter
From Sound Level Meters
The System 824 combines sound level meter and real-time analyzer capabilities in one small, rugged package. The instrument covers many important measuring functions in one user-friendly, hand-held design.
The System 824 offers an uncomplicated user interface requiring a minimal number of key strokes to create a test setup tailored for an individual application. Pre-defined setups are built into the instrument but personalized setups are easily made via the icon-driven keypad or computer software.
With 1/1, 1/3 true digital octave analysis capabilities, or 400-line FFT, the System 824 is extremely flexible while designed for easy operation. The comfortable feel of the instrument with its light-weight design and rubberized grips makes using the System 824 even easier.
The System 824 features high speed data gathering and autostore for capturing transient events (RTA option). The time history record stores up to 38 different broadband and spectral parameters of your choice. For each interval period, the 824 stores six spectral Lns, RTA Leq, RTA Max or RTA Min (SSA). That's a lot of data!
Other easy-on-you features of the System 824 include a back-lit display and back-lit keys for use in low light conditions; intuitive Windows based software for ease of instrument measurement setup, download and viewing of measurement data, and integration with a favorite spreadsheet program. The System 824 can also print reports directly to a serial printer.
- ANSI/IEC Type 1 Sound Level Meter
- Multiple instrument fuctions: Simple SLM, combination SLM/RTA logging SLM, high speed 1/3 octave real-time or FFT analyzer
- Real-time filters: 1/1 Octave Band (16Hz to 16KHz to 16kHz) and 1/3 Octave Band (12.5Hz to 20kHz)
- 400-line FFT: (1 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Building Acoustics: RT60, NCB and RC calculations
- Microphone: extendable up to 500
- Memory: 2 megabytes of efficient data memory
- Windows based software: for setup, control and high speed data exchange
- Light-weight: easy to hold, easy to use
- Power source: Rechargeable NiMH Battery or 3 AA alkaline batteries
- AC/DC outpur
- Serial Interface or USB
- Aircraft Noise
- Industrial Noise
- General Surveys
- Transportation Noise
- Community Noise
- Building Acoustics
- Sound Power Determination
- Vibration Measurements
- Transient Capture
- Machinery Noise
- Audiometic Calibration
The Larson Davis System 824 combines advanced sound level meter and real-time analyzer capabilities into a rugged, user-friendly, ergonomic package. The base unit is an Integrating Sound Level Meter (ISM) that meets Type 1 Standards and offers simultaneous measurement of sound pressure levels using fast, slow, and impulse detectors, for A, C, and flat frequency weightings. This feature, termed ANY LEVEL measures 48 sound pressure parameters at once with a linear, 105 dB range. With firmware enhancements, the base unit expands as needed to accommodate multiple data processing requirements, including:
- Sound Spectrum Analyzer (SSA) with ANY LEVEL simultaneous sound pressure level measurement, real-time 1/3 octave frequency analysis, spectral Lns and multiple time histories. This is your “do everything at once instrument.
- Real-time Frequency Analyzer (RTA) provides rapid storage of 1/3 octave spectra at rates to 400/second, advanced trigger functions and automated determination of reverberation time.
- Fast Fourier Transform Analyzer (FFT) with 400-line resolution from 1 Hz to 20 kHz for specific frequency investigations. Includes snapshot data storage, THD calculations, user definable linear units, and more.
- Logging Sound Level Meter (LOG) provides advanced time and data logging features, including automatic logging of data associated user-defined noise events.
As with all Larson Davis products, this equipment is complemented with toll free applications assistance, 24-hour customer service, and is backed by a no-risk policy that guarantees satisfaction or your money refunded.