SpeedDigester - Model K-439 - IR and Block Heating Digestion Systems
The SpeedDigester K-439 revolutionizes IR digestion. It combines the benefits of IR and block digestion in one unit. Fast digestion at controlled temperatures enables an increased sample throughput. Multiply the instrument functionality whenever needs are changing.
High speed and throughput
- Fast heat transfer of infrared heaters to samples
- Large time savings due to fast heating and cooling
- Increased sample throughput due to short process time
- Accelerated digestion step with continuous addition of H2O2
- One instrument for both Kjeldahl and reflux digestion
- All BUCHI sample tubes to be used (100 mL, 300 mL, 500 mL)
- Sample tubes compliant with ISO 6060 for COD and other reflux digestion (e.g. aqua regia)
- Optional dedicated suction module for aqueous samples
- Accurate temperature control following the programmed profile
- Storage of up to 50 different method profiles (time / temperature)
- Digestion process shown graphically
- Thermal homogeneity due to the innovative insulation plate
- Heating principle : Radiation
- Temperature control : Yes
- Max. temperature : 580 °C
- Programmable profiles: Yes
- Lift: No
- Heating zone : 9 cm
- Sample positions : 6 / 12
- Sample tube sizes : 100 / 300 / 500 mL
- Other sample tubes : Reflux sample tubes (e.g. COD) 3rd party tubes
Feed - Kjeldahl
Protein, Non-Protein Nitrogen (NPN).
Chemicals/Agricultural - Digestion
Beverage - Digestion
Pharmaceutical / Cosmetics - Digestion
Organic nitrogen, urea.
Food - SpeedDigester
Protein, Non-Protein Nitrogen (NPN), casein (NCN), hydroxyproline.
Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN), phosphate, Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), heavy metals
Selection of sample tubes
The SpeedDigester can flexibly be adapted to use three different sample tube sizes: 100 mL, 300 mL and 500 mL
Suction module types
Specific suction modules are available for aqueous samples and accelerated digestion. The standard suction module is appropriate for most other applications.
Reflux setup (water cooled)
This setup guarantees efficient reflux without the loss of volatile compounds, the main use is for trace metal determination by aqua regia digestion.
COD setup (air cooled)
COD determination according to DIN 380 409 Part 41 and ISO 6060. Sample tubes are compatible with the autosampler from Mettler Toledo for automated COD analysis.