Spire Metering - Model OneDrop Series 280W-D AWWA - Residential Ultrasonic Water Meter
OneDrop ultrasonic water meter is the latest innovation from Spire Metering. The meter was specially designed for domestic water metering applications where conventional water meters fail due to harsh environment, solids in water, high maintenance, magnetic vandalization or incapability of leak detection. The OneDrop is a static water meter with no moving parts to wear or tear. It is completely maintenance-free. The sensor body has a straight-through design with no blockage in the measuring tube. This not only leads to very minimal pressure drop, but also allows the meter to work with both pure water and water with some solids.
The OneDrop has adapted a robust design. The sensor body is made from NSF61-G low lead brass, not plastic. The whole meter is rated IP68 and is water-proof. Special packing technique protects the LCD from water condensation. This unique product can work reliably in challenging environment such as the desert or meter pits that fill with water.
With its maximum 203 °F operating temperature and nominal pressure of 232 psi, the technical specifications meet the standard for residential meters for both cold water and hot water. The high measurement dynamic, better than Class D, allows a load of up to double the rating, thereby ensuring high operating security. In addition, the high sensitivity to low flow allows leak detection and the capability to count each drop.
Unlike mechanical water meters, the OneDrop water meter has outstanding long-term stability. The performance of the sensor does not degrade over time, thus, the overall system accuracy does not degrade over time. This compact meter fits in even the smallest installation conditions and can be mounted separately from the electronics console. The meter also has an option for remote read-out (Pulse, M-bus, encoder or RS485 output). The large display can be set to display flow velocity, flow total, working time, and other parameters.
The OneDrop ultrasonic water meter represents the trend of the modern water metering industry. Both commercial and residential installations can profit from the advantages of wear-free water measurement: precision, operating security and long service life.
Spire metering also provides a turnkey solution for water and energy submetering in apartment buildings where a submetering system could save the landlord up to 15% of their utility cost.
- For domestic water consumption metering
- Cold water as well as water up to 60°C
- No moving parts. Wear-free ultrasonic technology
- Flow sensor made from brass
- Patented sensor design
- Robust, not impacted by water impurity. Meets the challenges of harsh environment, such as the Middle East and Africa
- Excellent long-term stability. Accuracy does not degrade over time
- No maintenance needed
- Bi-directional flow
- No count on air
- Leakage detection
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- Low pressure drop
- Free positioning for mounting
- Battery for 10 more years
- IP 68 water-proof
- Humidity resistance. No water condensation risk on the display
- Tamper-proof design
- NIST calibration to OIML R49 Class 2 / Metrology ISO 4064 Class D
- Smart and AMR ready with pulse, M-Bus, encoder or Wireless interface
- Optional SpireCapture AMR/AMI and Billing solutions
- Revenue metering
- Residential submetering
- Commercial buildings
- Leakage detection
- AMR and billing