An accurate and reliable method of measuring the flow characteristics of powders.
Stable Micro Systems use the test frame and vertical drive system provided by a universal Texture Analyser, and add the rotational drive and software functionality to form the Powder Flow Analyser – an accurate and reliable method of measuring the flow characteristics of powders.
The Powder Flow Analyser can be purchased as a completely new working system, or you can take your existing Texture Analyser and attach the Powder Flow Analyser unit to extend your range of testing solutions from powders to end products.
A patented helically-machined rotor can be programmed to move through a powder column in different ways, depending upon the characteristic that is to be measured. Due to the unique precision profile of the rotor's blade, the sample can be physically displaced in many different ways. The Test Settings of blade path angle and tip speed determine the mode of Controlled Flow achieved within a sample column.
Powder Flow Analyser Controlled Flow* provides:
- User programmable tests that displace the sample by slicing, shearing, compressing, compacting, mixing, and aerating; in any combination, and in any sequence
- Exact repetition of the test sequence best suited to your need, time after time. Independence from variable sample loading by pre-conditioning at the start of the test
- Extremely gentle through to aggressive displacements
- Measurement and analysis of force, time, and distance; parameters that define the sample behaviour during the programmed Controlled Flow*
- Objective, numeric, automated analysis, characterising of the flow behaviour of the sample during Controlled Flow*
Controlled Flow Measurement
The Powder Flow Analyser Controlled Flow Measurement technology offers you the ability to physically displace the powder in a controlled manner that can be optimised to measure the differences between samples, or can be adjusted to be complementary to your process conditions.
The force resulting from the displacement is accurately measured and used to characterise and rank the sample.