Stevens DataLogIC - 3000 Data Logger
From Data Loggers
The DataLogic 3000 is a full-featured logger that will meet the data acquisition, processing, control and communication requirements of even complex stations. Data is stored internally and also backed up on a removable SD Card (up to 2GB) for additional redundancy and easy transfer to your computer. Windows software allows easy programming of logging and the reporting of sensors and telemetry interface, offsets, basic math, and alarm conditions—all with a simple graphical interface.
Each sensor input port has isolated lightning protection. A 24 VDC loop power supply provides sufficient current to drive sensors. The analog input channels can automatically select measurement range based on the signal level. These channels are isolated and offer voltage protection to provide reliable monitoring in noisy environments.
Supported measurement and sensor types include temperature, 0-5 vdc, current, 4-20mA loops, resistance, bridges, strain gauges, quadrature and frequency—all returned in engineering units of your choice. Switchable excitation and triggering are provided on all channels to simplify wiring and installation.
The DataLogIC 3000 provides several popular data bus I/O’s including; SDI-12 (Version 1.3), ModBus (optional), CAN Bus (optional), two RS-232 ports, RS-485 (optional), and USB 2.0.
Connecting to modems, GPS, scales, PLC’s, and other intelligent devices is made simple with a separate serial port on the back panel offering high-speed communications.
Which Stevens data logger is right for your application?
The DataLogIC 3000 can be ordered as an all-in-one system that enables easy configuration via a touchscreen display, without the need for an external computer.
Using the touch screen, users can configure the data logger and easily download data on the SD card and/or a USB-A thumb drive, which can be removed for data offloading and backup.
The touchscreen display operates with included LoggerSet mobile software, which features the same functionality as the standard Windows-based LoggerSet software. Anyone who needs to access the logger in the field can easily turn on the touchscreen and update the configuration file or manage collected data. The touchscreen display is off when not in use, consuming no power.
The complete package includes the display and the DataLogIC 3000 mounted in an NEMA 4 enclosure (12' H x 10' W x 6' D). The enclosure has room for sensor terminal connections, a radio, SOLO smart SDI-12 power management control and a 12 VDC / 9 amp battery.
Watertight cable ports on the bottom of the NEMA-4 enclosure allow sensor, communication, and any external power cables to be routed into the enclosure. These ports can be selected and customized by request for specific applications.
- Processor: 32-bit ARM, 16-bit TI MSP430, and two 16-bit dsPIC microprocessors
- On-board data storage: 2 GB internal FLASH storage, plus removable 2 GB on SD memory card
- Non-volatile memory: All setup parameters and clock, lithium battery backup
- Real-time clock: Accurate to ±1 minute/month, leap year correction, temperature correction
- Watchdog timer: System resets upon microprocessor failure
- Digital to analog (0-5 VDC) output: 12-bit resolution
- Serial ports:
- Two (2) RS-232, minimum ±5 VDC levels, 4800 to 38400 baud (115K baud for video)
- One (1) USB 2.0
- Two (2) RS-232
- One (1) USB 2.0 (fully compatible with USB 1.0 devices)
- RS-485 (optional)
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (TCP/IP) (optional), auto sensing power-over-ethernet (PoE) available
- Wi-Fi (optional)
- Optional camera input: Full support for NTSC & PAL, storage of video and images to on-board memory
- Power requirements: 9.6 to 16 VDC, 4 mA standby current (telemetry system may require additional power)
- Logging interval: 1 minute to 24 hours
- Message size: 6 - 250 bytes typical, no maximum
- 9 analog channels, 8 single-ended,
- 5 differential ended
- Input type: 2 wire, 4 - 20 mA current loop
- Sensor power: 24 VDC, 12 VDC, 5 VDC, (12 & 24 VDC under firmware control)
- Accuracy & resolution: 0.01% accuracy, 0.002% resolution
- Analog to digital (0-5 VDC):
- 21-bit resolution
- Input impedance: 10 K ohm (min)
- Pulse counter:
- Input type: pulse
- Sensor power: 5 or 12 VDC continuous
- Maximum rate: 60 pulses per minute
- High data rate mode: up to 40 MHz
- Input type: SDI-12
- Sensor power: 5 VDC or 12 VDC continuous, 12 VDC under firmware control (switched)
- Switched excitation voltages: 12V and 24V
Temperature and humidity:
- Operating: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- NEMA 4 enclosure: 100% condensing
- Aluminum enclosure: 95% non-condensing
Physical size: 6.5' x 4.5' x 2.3' (165.1 mm x 114.3 mm x 58.4 mm)