Stevens Hydrolab - Model MS5 - Multiparameter Sonde
The Hydrolab MS5 multiparameter water quality sonde offers a selection of Hydrolab sensors on a compact and lightweight multiprobe designed for either profiling or unattended monitoring. The small 1.75” diameter of the MS5 allows it to work in wells and boreholes as small as 2 inches in diameter, allowing high-quality measurement of groundwater applications.
The MS5 comes with four built-in expansion ports, and can measure up to 10 water quality parameters simultaneously.
Long-term unattended operation can be achieved by paring the MS5 with the internal battery pack option. The sensor can record up to 120,000 individual readings in internal memory.
Communication options for the MS5 include SDI-12, RS-232, and RS-485, allowing connection to most data loggers including the Stevens DataLogic 3000. Additionally, the MS5 can be paired with the Hydrolab Surveyor handheld computer, allowing complete set-up, current measurement readings, and data download options without the use of a laptop computer.
- LDO (luminescent dissolved oxygen)
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Depth/Vented Level
- Turbidity: Self-Cleaning
- ORP (Oxygen Redox Potential)
- Chlorophyll a
- Blue-Green Algae
- Rhodamine WT
- Total Dissolved Gas
- Ion-Selective Electrodes (Ammonia/Ammonium, Nitrate, Chloride)
- Li-Cor Ambient Light
- Outer diameter : 1.75” (4.4 cm)
- Length : Without battery pack:21” (53.3 cm)
- With battery pack: 29.5” (74.9 cm)
- Weight : Without battery pack: 2.2 lbs (1.0 kg)
- With battery pack: 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Communication interface : RS-232, SDI-12, RS-485
- Memory : Up to 120,000 measurements
- Battery supply : 8 AA batteries (with available internal battery pack option)
- Operating temperature : 23° F to 122° F (-5° C to 50° C)
- Maximum depth : 656 ft (200 m)