Stevens VanEssen - Model Micro-Diver - Pressure Transducers with Integrated Data Logger
From Water Level Sensors
Cost-effective and reliable, these compact groundwater dataloggers provide accurate and reliable long-term measurements of water levels, temperature, and conductivity— essential data needed for effective water resource management, environmental remediation, mine dewatering, and slope stability.
Van Essen Diver logging sensors are submersible pressure transducers and data loggers for long-term uninterrupted, real-time water level monitoring when submerged at a fixed level under the water surface. The pressure sensor measures the equivalent hydrostatic pressure of the water above the sensor diaphragm to calculate the total water depth. The Diver autonomously measures pressure and temperature and records them in its internal memory. The Diver is ideal for ground and surface water level applications.
In addition to internal data storage, the Divers can be connected to an external data logger, such as the Stevens DataLogic 3000, or data telemetry systems like Avo with the Diver-SDI SDI-12 output adapter, allowing the Diver to be used for real-time data monitoring applications.
Manual data download in the field from a Diver’s internal storage can be done by utilizing the optional USB Interface Cable and connecting the diver directly to a desktop or laptop PC.
All Divers have a 3 year warranty, up to 10 years battery life, and can be used from 300 m below to 5000 m above sea level.
The Micro-Diver provides reliable automatic measurement and registration of groundwater level and temperature data. Measuring a slim 0.7 inches (18 mm) in diameter and 90 mm in length, the Micro-Diver is the smallest groundwater level sensor in its class, and a great choice for monitoring wells that are too small to accommodate larger sensors.
The Micro-Diver is available in four ranges for monitoring the following depths:
- 0-66ft (0-20 m)
- 0-164ft (0-50 m)
- 0-328 ft (0-100m)
- Internal Battery, 10-year life with 'typical' use
- 5 million measurements
- 2,000 readout cycles
- 2,000 programming cycles
- Sample interval: 0.5 seconds to 99 hours
- Data output options:
- SDI-12 when connected to Diver-DCX converter box
- Manual data download using USB interface cable connected to computer
- Manual data download using 'Diver Mate' or 'Diver USB Reading Unit' accessories
- Operating temperature, compensated: 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)
- Temperature accuracy: ± 0.18 °F
- Temperature resolution: 0.018 °F
- Wetted parts materials:
- Housing: Stainless Steel (316L)
- O-rings: Viton®
- Pressure sensor: ceramic (AI2O3)
- Cap / nose cone: Nylon PA6 30% glass fiber
- Physical size: 3.54 in (L) x Ø 0.71 in (90 mm x Ø18 mm) including suspension eye
- Weight: 2.46 oz (70 grams)