Stop It - Model PSX - Repair System
From Pipe Remediation
Combines a proprietary epoxy sealant with a durable composite overwrap to accomplish field repair of leaks to systems
with operating pressures up to 2500 psi. The STOP IT PSX Repair System derives its high pressure capabilities from the use of a field-mixed, two-part epoxy primary sealant and a fiberglass/urethane composite overwrap. STOP IT PSX can be installed by one person with no special tools or hot work, and provides for the completion of in-field repairs and return to service in a total of 4 hours.
Following the cleaning and preparation of the surface, repairs involve the application of a thin film of epoxy sealant from the supplied cartridge gun. Precise mixing is accomplished with the use of a static mixer that is attached to the gun. Once hardened (approximately 1 hr), the sealant is overwrapped with a fi berglass tape impregnated with water-activated polyurethane resins. Systems may be returned to service at pressures up to 2500 psi as soon as 4 hours following the application of the epoxy.
Stop It PSX can be used almost anywhere – including underwater and in chemical and military facilities – to repair chemical, steam, process and water lines.
STOP IT PSX Is Ideally Suited For:
- Routine and emergency high pressure leak repair
- Sealing joints
- Rebuilding thinning wall in high pressure piping
- Repairs in hard to reach areas
- Underwater repairs
- Large scale defects (Voids up to 1.0” od repaired to 500 psi)
Top It PSX Repair System Contents:
- PSX epoxy sealant
- 1:1 dual component cartridge with static mixing nozzles
- Knitted fiberglass tape with water-activated polyurethane resins
- Gloves for easy clean-up
- Detailed instructions
No visible changes in Stop It after an immersion term of 35 days in the following chemicals:
- Acetic Anhydride Ammonia
- Ammonium Hydroxide (10%)
- Decyl Ammonium Chloride
- Diesel Fuel
- Diethyl Ether
- Ethyl Acetate
- Ethyl Ether
- Ethylene Glycol
- Hydrochloric Acid (10%)
- Lube Oil
- 4-Methyl 2-Pentanone
- Mineral Spirits
- Sodium Hydroxide (50%)
- Sulfuric Acid (10%)
- Sulfuric Acid (25%)
- Xylenes, Mixed o-, m- and p
Stop It is accepted for use on potable water lines by the WRC (UK). The Fix Stix Epoxy included with each kit is NSF-certified.
Even under extreme pressures, the Stop It Pipe Repair Tape will not shatter or crack. Stop It releases pressures slowly.
When tested to the failing point in laboratory conditions, failure was indicated by a reduction in line pressure and seepage.
- Shelf Life: Two years from date of purchase when stored at 40° to 83°F (5° to 28°C)
- Color: White or black
- Tensile Strength: 24,950 PSI / in width/172 MPa (ASTM D 3039).
- Flexural Strength: 12,005 psi/82.77 MPa (ASTM 790)
- Durometer Hardness: 63 (Shore D) (ASTM D 2240)
- Pressure Retaining Capability: Recommended for pressures up to 400 psi (28 kg/cm2)
- Temperature Resistance:
- Continuous: -20° to 250°F (-29° to 121°C)
- Intermittent: 250° to 500°F (121° to 260°C)
- Set Time: 3 to 5 minutes at 50° to 80°F (10° to 27°C)
- Cure Time: at 1/2' thick (1.27 cm) - 30 minutes