StormChamber - Model SC-44 - Stormwater Chambers
StormChamber storm water chambers are quicker and easier to install than other types of underground storm water chamber systems. The side-portal feed provides greater flexibility in engineering and hydraulic design, eliminating circuitous routing of feed pipes from inlet structures to entry point of a header pipe.
StormChamber was designed as an open bottom, high-density polyethylene infiltration chamber BMP which functions in both permeable and non-permeable soils for subsurface retention or detention of storm water runoff and for a water quality BMP. It reduces nutrient and other pollutant loadings by taking advantage of the natural biological and physical properties of the soil, directly comparable to the functions of a septic drain field. It also recharges ground water drinking supplies, while concurrently helping to maintain base flow to streams, wetlands, lakes, and ponds, and counter salt-water intrusion.
The StormChamber storm water management system provides an environmentally progressive and technologically advanced storage and pollutant removal solution cost-effective and requires less maintenance than other types of underground storm water management systems.
StormChamber maximizes storage volume in limited footprints due to it’s ability to be installed in multiple layers.
Each StormChamber provides 105ft3 (2.97m3) of internal storage capacity or 166ft3 (4.7 m3) of installed storage capacity with the minimum stone requirement . This is significantly more storage per chamber than similar size chambers, which results in need fewer chambers required and a smaller footprint.
Built in end walls allow for a quicker and easier installation. Eliminates the risk of any man made errors during installation.
StormChamber exceeds the ASTM Loading Standard by over two times.
- Internal storage capacity of 105ft3 (2.97m3) per chamber
- Minimum installed storage capacity of 166ft3 (4.7m3) per chamber with the minimum stone requirement.
- Built in end walls
- Exceeds ASTM Loading Standard by over two times
- Lower installed cost
- Fewer chambers and smaller footprint required
- Minimum of 12″ (300mm) above and 9” (225mm) below the StormChambers. More stone may be added to increase storage capacity.
- Lower cost and elimination of installation error
- Tested over 16,000 lbs psf
- Fewer parts and labor required
BUILT IN TREATMENT DEVICE
- Built in sacrificial row , with SedimenTraps , allow for any sediment to be isolated to this row.
- The SedimenTrap provide a redundant system to work in conjunction with any pre or post treatment unit
The ideal size of StormChamber allow them to be easily installed by hand. All of the integrated parts and features allow for a quicker and easier installation.
StormChamber offers free design assistance. Just give us a call or contact us on the web and we will put you in touch with your rep.