Sukup - Axial Fans & Grain Heaters
From Grain Handling
Sukup manufactures a full line of axial fans and heaters for aerating and drying grain. Sukup Axial Fans provide maximum airflow at lower static pressures found in aeration or in-bin drying. Sukup also offers 38” and 44” low speed axial fans for roof dryers and other shallow grain depth applications.
- Sukup Axial Fans give the highest airflow for the money!
- 3500 RPM motors used in Sukup Axial Fans have been specially-engineered for Sukup’s high-performance blades.
- Square end plates give uniform support all around the housing while eliminating legs that concentrate stress and distort the housing. Square housings also maintain the accurate roundness of the housings, allowing for close fan blade tip clearance.
- Close tip clearance increases airflow by preventing air from blowing back through the area between the blade and housing.
- Fan blades are precision-balanced for vibration–free operation
- Blades are secured to the motor shaft with Trantorque bushings to ensure the most secure attachment, as well as serviceability.
- Galvanized housings resist rust and look good for years to come.
- Two-year limited warranty
The chart below compares Sukup Axial Fans to four other brands. Not only does Sukup have more years of experience in grain drying and aeration fans, we also have more features and better fans!
Sukup Aeration Fans - 3/4 hp - 3 hp
- Sukup 12” – 18” fans are ideal for applications where static pressure is less than 2”.
- Totally-enclosed, air-over motors on 12', 14' and 18' axial fans have been designed for years of trouble-free operation.
- Fans can be easily mounted to push or pull air.
- 12” and 14” fans come wired with a cord. 18” fans are available with or without controls.
- Change wiring easily on the dual-voltage motor, since the connection box is on the end of the motor, rather than on one side.
Fan Size Motor size(s)
12” ¾ or 1 hp
14” 1 ½ hp
18” 2 or 3 hp
Sukup Drying Fans - 5-7 hp - 10-15 hp
- Sukup 24” and 28” fans are designed for grain drying at lower static pressures.
- Maximum airflow at lower static pressures.
- Exclusive, patented built-in venturi (air intake) on 24” and larger fans increases airflow
- Exclusive, patented handles on 24” & 28” fans make it easier to install and move fans.
- Plated screen guard bolts over air intake for added safety.
- CSA & CE models available.
- Controls are standard. (Less controls option available)
- 230 volt 1 or 3 phase
- 460 volt 3 phase available.
- 575 or 208 volt also available.
- U.S. Patent #’s 5,615,999; 6,857,850
Fan Size Motor size
24” 5-7 hp
24” 7-10 hp
28” 10-15 hp
Sukup Axial Heaters - 18', 24', 26', 28' diameters
- Extensive testing has produced a heater with an intense blue flame, allowing complete, clean combustion. In fact, independent tests have shown that Sukup heaters burn with the highest efficiency range.
- Starfire-type burners provide the critical gas and air mixture for higher efficiency and even heat distribution.
- Sukup heaters ignite quickly, even at low pressures.
- Two-year warranty on components.
- Three-year warranty on solid-state circuit board.
- Air straightening vanes provide better heat distribution.
- Available for use with vapor propane, liquid propane (with vaporizer) or natural gas.
- Two-way adjustments on the vaporizer allow operation over a wider range of outside temperatures.
- The exclusive Sukup vaporizer high limit features manual reset, so you can tell if the vaporizer needs to be adjusted.
- Stainless steel flame sensor is more reliable and will last longer than flame probes.
- Galvanized housings resist rust.
- Thermostat, humidistat, high-low thermostat or modulating valve available.
- Optional Deluxe Control Box includes a static pressure gauge and thermometer. Available as single or dual controls.
- Optional Dual Burner Controls are needed if there is more than one heater on a bin, so that they cycle on and off together for even heat.
- CSA models available.
- Extra safety features increase reliability
- Stainless steel flame sensor
- Transition high limit shuts off heater if the temperature entering the bin gets too hot.
- Pressure relief valves
- Vapor high limit
- Burner high limit
- Purge delay
- Spring-loaded solenoids
- Grounded electrical components
- Airflow Ratings for Aeration Applications
- Certified Airflow Ratings for 24” & 28” Axial Fans
- Airflow Ratings for Low Speed Axial Fans (38” & 44”)
- Axial Fan and Heater Dimensions
- Fan Comparison Chart – Determine which type of fan you need for your application