Superior - Model CL-1 100 PPD - Gas Chlorination System
The Superior ' Series CL-1 Gas Chlorinator is a state-of-the-art, vacuum-operated, solution feed type which mounts directly on a chlorine cylinder valve. The chlorinator is mounted onto the chlorine cylinder valve using a very heavy-duty positive yoke clamp connection. A chlorine gas flow meter panel indicates the amount of chlorine being fed and may be located wherever it is safest and most convenient. Chlorine flow rate is manually adjusted and the design permits easy addition of a number of automatic flow rate control devices. A high efficiency, water operated ejector produces the vacuum necessary to operate the system. The ejector assembly contains a back-flow check valve system to prevent pressurized water from entering the chlorinator. A spring-opposed diaphragm vacuum regulator controls the chlorine gas flow rate and also acts as the safety shut-off valve.
The SUPERIOR Series CL-1 represents the most modern design technology coupled with the very best materials available to create an outstanding, user friendly piece of equipment. It is designed with user safety as a primary concern.
- A new ultra-thick, fluoroplastic yoke coating gives superior corrosion resistance, won't crack, peel or chip. Chlorine will not diffuse through it to cause coating bubbling and peeling.
- All molded parts are fiber-glass reinforced ABS plastic, designed for superior strength, warp- resistance and chlorine resistance.
- The rate valve 'Seat' is pure fluoroplastic and will not swell, stick or become brittle with age or exposure to liquid chlorine.
- All external bolts and nuts are Titanium for complete corrosion resistance.^ SUPERIOR' exclusive. There are no stainless steel or monel nuts and bolts to corrode and freeze up in the presence of moist chlorine gas.
- Extra heavy-duty outlet threads on the ejector diffuser prevents accidental breakage from over-tightening or 'bumping' of the ejector assembly.
- The 'Universal' ejector diffuser allows use of high pressure solution hose, direct ejector mounting in mains, or in-line piping with rigid solution pipe.
- Easier to service and perform routine maintenance, with standard size wrench lugs provided on all screwed-together ejector parts. No more pipe wrenches to accidentally tear and scrape plastic surfaces.
- All vacuum fitting holes are heavily reinforced to prevent the possibility of cracking from over-tightening fittings.
- 'Dual-pressure'' check valve is standard on all SUPERIOR' gas Chlorinators. Proven high back-pressure unitized check valve design protects against sudden surges up to 300 PSIG while a spring-loaded diaphragm check provides positive shutoff even when there is no back-pressure to force the seat closed.
- PVDF vacuum tubing fittings are standard..another SUPERIOR'' exclusive. 'User friendly'' design makes it easy to attach tubing, and to tighten or loosen ferrule nuts without tools.
- Fewer parts, combined with SUPERIOR'* materials and a SUPERIOR, design gives you a SUPERIOR Gas Chlorinator.