SURCIS - Model BM-Advance2 - Multi-Purpose Double Respirometer
BM-Advance2 is a two reactors respirometer specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management, design and research.
- Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Specially designed for two tempered reactors which can run simultaneously controlled by two software (one per reactor) loaded in the PC.
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensors
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Independent automatic control and visualization of pH, Oxygen, Temperature per reactor
- Full control and results by means a powerful double software already loaded in the PC
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions and indistinctly setting and modify them throughout the test performance for each of the reactors.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q (specific U) from the current tests in the reactors.
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test
- Several results at any time during the test and option to see them simultaneously on tabular or graphic modes.
- Capacity for Excel exportation
- Option to open several running and stored tests to be overlaid and compared
- Automatic temperature control integrated in the own analyzer
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
From a mixed-liquor of the aeration tank it is determined the OUR & SOUR within the time and section we have selected in the corresponding respirogram.
- OUR (mg/l.h): Total oxygen uptake rate from mixed-liquor.
- SOUR (mg/g.h): Specific OUR
On this mode, the analyzer performs a respirogram within a programmed DO threshold and determines the corresponding OUR & SOUR in base of a continuous sequentially measurements.
A DO base line is fixed from an endogenous respiration activated sludge and then added a certain amount of sample to be analyzed. In the respirogram, continuous measurements of Rs are showed permitting the simultaneous and continuous determination of CO and bCOD. In this way we can track the values evolution along the time as an actual window of the substrate oxidation from activated sludge.
- Rs (mg/l.h): Exogenous respiration rate corresponding to the substrate oxidation.
- Rsp (mg/g.h): Specific Rs.
- CO (mg/l): Consumed oxygen accumulated in the substrate oxidation (BODst)
- bCOD (mg/l): Biodegradable fraction of total COD (bCOD) or Readily biodegradable fraction of COD (rbCOD)
- U (mg COD/l.h): Substrate utilization rate
- q (COD/SS.d): Specific substrate utilization rate
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can asses the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Simultaneous COD fractions
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) and COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
Influence of the pH, Temperature, Oxygen and other conditions on the activated sludge process
Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR).
Nitrification rate (AUR), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN)
Starting from the actual value of rbCOD, it is possible to determine the actual nitrate concentration that the process is capable to remove.
Starting from the specific respiration rate of the anoxic biomass, it is possible to estimate the corresponding denitrification rate (NUR)
Toxicity referred to one specific biomass
Qualitative test by means of a simultaneous comparison of the actual respiration rates of mixed-liquor prepared with the sample (in one reactor) and another one from standard compound as reference (in the other reactor).
For heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Aeration cycle control in SBR systems.
Biomass carrier (MBBR)
By making use of a special reactor we can calculate the total number of carriers per volume unit, Amount of oxygen needs to maintain the biomass carriers under optimal condition, COD and Ammonium removal capacity, and rest of same applications we can do in a normal activated sludge process
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM-Advance2 respirometer is an open double system and, as such, supports all kind of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.
- Type: Optimized double batch respirometer system with closed recirculation.
- Use: Laboratory.
- Oxygen sensor: Maintenance free oxygen sensor.
- Software: Two BM software (one per reactor) loaded in the PC
- Dissolved oxygen (OD), Temperature, pH
- OUR & SOUR, Rs & Rsp, CO (Consumed Oxygen) and bCOD determinations.
- Calculation of U (Substrate utilization rate) and q (Specific U)
- Cpacity for double measurements visualization throughout the time, on tabular and graphical modes. Results package overview at any time. Data acquisition interval setting.
- Last, minimum, maximum and average results during the tests performance
- Test files:
- Automatic generation of a security files just when the test is starting.
- Possibility to save any test under the own software format and/or Excel.
- Operation modes: Static, Cyclic and Dynamic controlled by a specific software loaded in the PC of the system. Automatic respirograms generation throughout the test. Preset test conditions (T, DO, sample volume,…) and possibility to change them during its performance.
- Aeration system: From a small air compressor and a ceramic diffuser. The air flow can be controlled by means the software for different percentages of air supply for a non limited time.
- Respirograms: Automatic graphic respiromgrams generation with the possibility to overlay them for comparison. Zoom application for total or partial periods. Option for several data displays on simultaneous visualization, under tabular and/or graphic modes.
- Partial measurements: During the test and to its finalization, there is the option to get selective partial measurements from the values table or from any selected period of the respirogram.
- Dynamic calibration: Only for R mode, the measuring system is calibrated by means the reaction of a chemical standard in distilled water, where the total oxygen demand is already known.
- Biomass-carrier reactor: Option for a special reactor for biomass carriers to get all respirometry applications for reactor any MBBR process type, bio-film or granular biomass.
- Temperature: 10 to 50º C, by means a peltier (cooling) & heating system, installed in the analyzer, for each reactor, automatically controlled by the software
- Ouput: 2 x RS232 (for analyzer and PC communication)
- Display: 2 x LCD in sensor controller, LEEDS in front panel and PC screen.
- Power: 230 ACV or 115 ACV (under demand) 50/60 Hz - 600 W
- Dimensions/Weight: 70 x 40 x 66 (wide x deep x high) / 58 kg