Suspended Electromagnets automatically remove tramp iron from material flows on belt conveyors or in chutes.
- Reliable and durable construction.
- Robust design to withstand harsh conditions and heavy-duty applications.
- Installation across the conveyor belt or over the discharge head pulley.
- Custom-built to suit a particular belt width and/or achieve a specific separation objective.
- Special designs for explosion proof applications, suitable for underground installation.
- All possible sizes - Eriez holds the Guinness World Record for the largest ever built!
Manual or self-cleaning models are available:
Manual Clean (MC) units must be periodically turned off in order to discharge iron accumulated on the face of the magnet. They are suitable for applications where only occasional tramp iron is expected. These magnets are usually suspended from a travelling trolley so that they can be swung clear of the conveyor before the iron is released.
Self-Clean (SC) units provide continuous, automatic removal of tramp iron and feature a heavy-duty belt, a channel frame for supporting the pulleys, adjustable belt take-up and drive. They are recommended where a large amount of tramp iron is expected or where there may be limited access to the magnet for cleaning purposes.