TA - Model PTG-9-C-14 - Carbon-14, Co2 Portable Air Monitor
Technical Associates PTG-9-C14 is a monitor for 14 CO2. It is a sensitive, rugged, and portable instrument for detection and measurement of airborne C14.
A sensitive, rugged, and portable instrument for detection and measurement of airborne C-14 (14 CO2).
- The subtractive balanced chamber electrometer circuit decreases background effects to negligible levels.
- A deionized and filtered intake reduces to negligible levels spurious effects from smoke, dust and existing ionization in the air.
- It is line operated with nominal 20 hour battery back-up.
- Optional inlet and outlet hoses allow monitoring interiors of fume hoods, exhaust stacks, etc.
- The PTG-9 –C-14 Will measure airborne C-14 as CO2 . gas or as volatile chemicals in concentrations as low as 1 x 10-3 uCi/l of air (3.7 KBq/m3).
All instruments are calibrated at the factory. Calibration check may be performed in the field with a microCurie level Beta or Gamma source. Background chamber may be disconnected to check linearity of response on a gamma calibration range. User friendly calibration controls are provided.
Note: For measuring C-14 in other forms, not CO2, please see the C-14 Air Monitor chart
- User Settable Units - UCI/L or BQ/M3 Etc.
- Wide range - digital accuracy
- Programmable digital readout
- Sensitive for occupational exposure
- Dynamic background compensation
- Battery operation or ac operation
- Built-in high level alarm
- Built-in low flow alarm
- Built-in rs-232 computer interface
- Ranges: Compact, easy to read digital LCD readout. 1 x 10-3 to 10 uCi/l (3.7 KBq/m3 to 3.7 x 108 Bq/m3)
- Background: Essentially eliminated by subtractive balanced chambers.
- Smoke, Dust & Ion Elimination: Filter and deionizer reduce effects to negligible level.
- Circuit: Electrometer circuit amplifies net difference between 0.7 liter Tritium internal chamber and a sealed background chamber of similar configuration.
- Alarms: Low Air Flow, Alarm High Level Alarm: Red Lamp and Audio Alarm.
- Controls: Power, Pump On/Off, Battery Check, Set (calibration aid),
- Zero Adjust, Meter Programming (Two buttons).
- Calibration: Can calibrate internally with Tritium gas, or on a calibration course, or (at a single point) with optional Beta or Gamma source.
- Computer Port: RS-232 serial port is built in (fully addressable).
- Portability: PTG-9 is provided with carrying handle.
- Case: Deep drawn aluminum case, with handle and gasket lid, easily cleanable anodized finish.
- Battery: 9V rechargeable sealed. Battery Life: 20 hours between charges. Battery charger is built-in.
Weight & Dimensions:
- Instrument Case (Including handle): 9''W x 13''L x 9'' H.
- Front Panel: 9'' H x13'' Wide.
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 24 lbs (excluding pre-filter)
- Higher Range Different Readout Units
C-14 Air/stack Monitors