TA - Model VMF Series - Installed Vehicle Transit Monitor
Model VMF-TA and VMM-TA-4 is a high sensitivity Gamma Monitoring system for determining possble radiation contamination in containers or vehicles on a non-pause basis; The electronic control/alarm console plus two rugged weather proof detectors each with Plastic Scintillators 792 in detector. Rate of change electronics with audio and visual alarms. Operates from 110/220 AC power main; optional battery back-up is available. Operation for rugged outdoor use as well as indoors. Since the operation of this instrument is based on rate of change in radiation, it will reliably pick up contamination as it passes near the monitor.
Model VMF-TB achieves greater sensitivity by stop and count approach. This system can be installed at entrance and/or exit gates, at weight stations or check points, or anywhere that cars, trucks, rail cars or pedestrians will pass by; preferably at reduced speeds for more accurate readings. Background is continually updated and subtracted thus giving net vehicle reading.
- Beta / Gamma Detectors
- Operates on ac or optional battery 'back-up
- Can Alarm at 7 m r/hr rise within 1
- Second (ta) sees and can alarm at 1 m r/hr above background (tb)
- Completely Weather Proof Metal Housing
- High Sensitivity Detectors (plastic scintillators 792 in3 each)
- Dynamic Background Subtract
- Computer & Software
- Fast Rate of Change Design
- Continuous Operation: 'set and forget'
- Vehicle Speed S
- Optional: Neutron Detector
- VMM-TA-4: 4 ea. 12” x 1.5” x 44”
- VMF-TA & VMF-TB: 2 ea. 12'' x 1.5'' x 44'' premium
- Plastic Scintillators. Sensitive Volume: 792 in 3 per detector.
- Range: 1 µR/hr to 1 mR/hr.
- Power Requirements: 110/220 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Connection: Conduit or cable 6 ft. cable furnished. Three Prong grounded connector.
- High Level Alarm: Flashing red light and intermittent 2900 Hz tone. (90 dB)
- Alarm Set:
- VMF-TA & VMM-TA-4 internal factory set at .007 mR/hr rise per second.
- May be reset by user.
- VMF-TB internal factory set at 10% above ambient background.
- May be reset by user.
- Housing: Weather-tight NEMA rated tough metal housing; water, moisture, & dust tight.
- Alarm Indicators: Ready - OK- High Alarm.
- Count Time: 1 to 20 seconds (VMF-TB only).
- Energy Range: Gamma: 80 KeV to 6 MeV.
- Beta: above 1 MeV, includes P32, Sr90 , & N16 .
- Communications: Built-in serial port and Ethernet Node.
Weight & Dimensions:
- Dimensions: Control Box / Computer: 16'' x 20'' x 10'' typical plus alarm Beacon.
- Detectors : 54'' H x 15.5'' W x 7'' D.
- Shipping Weight: 410 lbs. (for 2 detector units.) 850 lbs for (4 detector units)
- Check Source: RAU-BGX, uranium source; license exempt.
- Additional Relay: 5A SPDT to operate other circuits.
- Remote Alarm: RAL-3W flasher, siren.
- Options: 220 V, 50-60 Hz., 7-day Battery Back-up. Additional detectors.
- Alternate Detector Sizes: Plastic scintillators, NaI(Tl) Scintillators, or BGO crystal.
- Additional Detectors:
- Plutonium or Neutron emitters or Beta emitters.
- Photo cell vehicle sensors(s) to initiate count or to measure vehicle speed.
- Wire-less operation.
- VMF-L/O uses the same detectors as the other VMF Series models, but has simplified electronics with the LAM-10L ''Alarming Ratemeter'', instead of ''Rate of Charge'' electronics.