TDHI - Model TD-4100XD - Continuous On-Line Oil in Water Monitor
The TD-4100XD is a ruggedized version of the TD-4100 continuous online oil in water monitor. The XD is designed specifically for offshore oil production, refining, petrochemical, mining, and other industries that require robust online hardware for severe duty and hazardous area locations. The monitor is skid or wall mounted and constructed of 316 stainless steel. It also includes an external keypad for operation in corrosive environments. The TD-4100XD detects and measures crude oil, refined fuels, fuel oils, lubricating or hydraulic fluids, and aromatic solvents in water. Detection limits range from low ppb (µg/L) to high ppm (mg/L).
- Continuous on-line monitoring provides the most responsive feedback loop for measuring hydrocarbons in water.
- Continuous monitoring is reliable, effective and recognized for its ability to improve process management for treating, discharging and detecting hydrocarbons in water.
- Compared to laboratory grab sample analysis, on-line monitoring provides cost effective, continuous, remote, operator unattended measurement of aromatic hydrocarbons in water.
- Noncontact falling stream flow cell: There is no contact with any surfaces. There is no glass tubing or plate to foul. Hydrocarbons are detected in a stream of water which falls by gravity through an open chamber. When properly maintained, the falling stream does not contact, dirty, or foul the optical windows used for monitoring aromatic hydrocarbons. A proprietary air curtain system keeps optical windows fog-free in humid environments or hot water applications.
- Hazardous area locations: The system is easily configured for hazardous area locations: Class I Division I and Class I Division II, ATEX Zone I and Zone II.
- Low maintenance: There are no internal tubes, pumps, or valves to replace. The system’s one moving part has a life expectancy of greater than 10 years. Routine maintenance involves changing a lamp twice a year and keeping the sample lines clear.
- Direct, continuous monitoring: The TD-4100XD monitors a flowing water stream continuously. No chemicals, no pre-treatment, and no manual manipulation of the sample are required to monitor aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Accurate: The TD-4100XD directly measures aromatic hydrocarbons in water with accuracies that consistently correlate to regulated laboratory methods. The monitor can be calibrated to match laboratory or field oil in water measurement methods with simple inputs to the touch pad.
- Sensitive: BTEX, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, crude oil, aromatic solvents and refined petroleum products containing aromatics are detected by the TD-4100XD from low ppb (ug/L) to high ppm (mg/L). For example, in clean water, the TD-4100XD can detect 5 ppb of gasoline or diesel fuel.
- Selective: The TD-4100XD only measures hydrocarbons with minimal interference from solids or turbidity. It is further selective to the target hydrocarbons depending on the set up and the customer requirements. Fluorescence occurs when a molecule absorbs light energy of one specific wavelength and emits light energy of a longer wavelength. Fluorescent compounds each have a unique signature and these signatures can be displayed as an actual concentration.
- Effective monitoring in dirty water: Fluorescence monitoring makes the TD-4100XD resistant to interferences from turbid or dirty water, which impact online UV absorption or IR and visible light scatter instruments. Most substances absorb light, but very few fluoresce; if a substance does not fluoresce at specific wavelengths for the monitored aromatic hydrocarbon, it will not interfere.
- Operator friendly: The TD-4100XD is designed for easy operation. Simple onboard software controls alarms, 4-20 mA output, diagnostics, and calibration.
- Options: Process chemistry control for scale, iron sulfide, wax, etc., pumps, internal heater, vortex cooler, various communication protocols, IMO 107(49) certification, multi-stream switching, special wetted materials, ABS, DNV, BV shipboard certifications, project management compliance, data books, worldwide field service.
- Overboard discharge compliance and process control
- Re-injection or water flood water quality control
- Produced water reuse – RO feed water, steam generator feed water
- Noncontact cooling water
Heat exchanger leak detection
- Boiler feed protection
- Cooling tower protection
- Open-loop discharge
- Process water discharge
- Industrial discharge
- Drilling and production rig slop tanks/deck drains
- Bilge water discharge
- Ballast water discharge
Other water types
- Hydroelectric water
- Storm water
- Municipal wastewater
- Potable water
- Jet fuel
- PAH’s (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons)
- Crude oil
- Heat transfer fluids
- Aromatic solvents
- Aromatic chemicals (styrene, phenol, etc.)
- Lubricating oils
- Fuel oil
- Longwall fluid
- Envelope Dimensions: 22' W x 25' D x 95' H [55.5 cm W x 63.5 cm D x 241 cm H ]
- Weight: 180 lbs [82 Kg] plus accessories
- Power Requirements: 90 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz +/- 10%, 184 W, 1 ph, (24 VDC Optional)
- Inlet Plumbing Requirements: ½' MNPT (standard) or ½' tube
- Outlet Plumbing Requirements: 1-1/2' MNPT
- Inlet Sample Flowrate: 2 - 3 US gallons/min [7.5 - 11.5 L/min], optional sample pump
- Inlet Sample Pressure: 5 - 20 psig [34 - 136 kPag ]
- Outlet Sample Pressure: Atmospheric (standard) or optional sample return pump
- Sample Temperature: 32 to 200 °F [0 to 93 °C] standard, higher temperatures optional
- Ambient Temperature: -4 to 131 °F [-20 to 55 °C] standard, optional cold and
- Operational Principle: Fluorescence
- Detection Range: 1 ppb - 1000 ppm depending upon target hydrocarbon and water quality
- Stability: 10 % or better over 6 months
- Response Time: < 10 seconds continuous real-time response
- Calibration: Multiple-point linear or non-linear, or uncalibrated. Holds two calibrations (one for each sample steam).
- Field Validation: Via factory supplied CheckPOINT Solid Check Standard
- Alarms: Baseline, early warning, high alarm, system-function, local display and audible tone
- Alarm Outputs: Four user-settable, independently-protected dry contact relays
- Communication: Standard E09 features with 4-20 mA isolated, 500 ohm impedance, selectable between Loop Powered and Instrument Powered, Ethernet. Optional HART, ModBus
- Diagnostics: System failures reports to relay and local display
- Security: Two level password protected, lockable cabinet
- Electronics Cabinet: 316 stainless steel, NEMA 4X, IP 66
- Hazardous Area Options: North America: Class I Division 1, Class I Division 2, Groups B, C, D, T4; ATEX and IECEx: Class I Zone 1, Zone 2, other international codes.
- Sample Pump: Optional
- Cleaning System: Optional
- Data Logger: Standard - see E09 Data Sheet
- ISO Certifications: IMO 107 (49), 9001: 2008 Quality System