TDHI - TD Sample Thief
Online water analyzers can be challenged by process upsets and unexpected conditions that push measurements out of range or foul the sensor. Because upset conditions can be short lived, they make it difficult to collect a sample.
The TD Sample Thief collects a water sample on command with a manual button push or signal from an online water analyzer or control system. A sample cylinder, sequenced isolation valves and flexible control system allow collecting a discrete water sample for detailed analysis at the operator’s convenience. When the sample is collected, time, date, measured concentration and process conditions are recorded and the operator is alerted.
In addition to collecting samples triggered by upset conditions, the TD Sample Thief can also collect samples for periodic monitoring. These samples can be prepared for analysis with solvent extraction or the No Solvent Method directly in the sample cylinder.
The TD-120, TD-4100XD and TD-4100XDC Oil in Water Monitors are designed for seamless operation with the TD Sample Thief.
- Allows analysis of samples that exceed a monitor’s range
- Operators will not be exposed to process conditions
- Collects high oil concentration samples for correlation
calibrations with TD-4100XD
- Set water volume for repeated collection and analysis
- Power Supply: 120 VAC 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 100 W
- Ambient Temperature Range: 32–131 °F (0–55 °C)
- Process Temperature Range: 32–131 °F (0–55 °C)
- Maximum Process Pressure: 200 psig
- Flow Rate: 0.3–0.8 GPM
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X
- Wetted Material: 316/316L Stainless Steel, PTFE valve packing
- Sample Tubing Size: 1/4 inch 316SS
- Signal In Requirement: 100–240 VAC 60 Hz @ 0.6 mA discreet
- Signal Out Requirement: 5–30 VDC or 24–250 VAC, 8 A maximum
- 100 ml or 1 L sample cylinder
- Sample preparation in the cylinder kit
- Extra cylinder, recommended option
- Erosion and corrosion resistant wetted parts