Tekran - Model 2600-NG - Mercury Analyzer System
The Tekran Model 2600-NG Mercury Analyzer is designed for the analysis of gas phase sample cartridges. The system contains an atomic fluorescence detector, a dual stage thermal desorber and a data acquisition & control system. A single serial connection allows a Windows based PC to control the entire analysis process, acquire the detector output and calculate final results.
Tekran provides a suite of products for the measurement of natural gas and similar process gases. This system implements an enhanced version of ASTM Method D-6350.
The Tekran Model 2641 Mercury Grab Sampling System enables direct sample collection from high-pressure sources. This avoids all issues with Joule-Thompson cooling that arise with traditional pressure let-down samplers. The high pressure sample gas passes directly through gold-coated quartz cartridges, capturing mercury. The remaining gas passes through the trap and is totalized after the pressure let-down step.
The cartridges are removed from the sampler for subsequent analysis. The 2600-NG analyzer is a rugged and compact atomic fluorescence system containing with cartridge heater, fixed analytical trap, and AF detector. The entire system is controlled by a PC through a single USB port. Calibration is done by vapor injections from a temperature controlled calibration source.
Tekran Quartz-Gold Sampling Trap
- Custom made quartz substrate for high surface area, low back pressure, and reproducibility
- New, precisely controlled, optimized, high purity plasma deposition process
- Blank and batch testing to meet strict recovery and carryover criteria
Model 2641 - Mercury Trap Sampling System
- Unique system allows high-pressure sampling
- All pre-collection paths are Silconert coated to ensure complete transfer of mercury through the sampling system
- Complete system is pressure driven – no power is required for operation
- Minimalized dead volume for quick equilibrium
Model 2505 - Calibration Unit
- Suitable for field or laboratory use
- Thermo electric temperature controller: no water bath required
- Operates from 12 VDC or line power
- Precision temperature measurement with digital display.
- Resolution: 0.001 °C
- Dedicated analyzer for manually exposed sampling cartridges.
- Sample path optimized for difficult matrices.
- Desorbs industry standard .25” OD x 5” to 6” long friction fit gold-quartz cartridges.
- Ultra sensitive Atomic Fluorescence (AF) detector.
- Dual stage gold preconcentrator/thermal desorber.
- Precision mass flowmeter gives superior long term stability.
- Auto shutoff of carrier gas to conserve resources.
- Suitable for field or laboratory use
- Desorbs industry standard ¼” OD x 5” to 6” long friction fit cartridges eg: Tekran Gold-Quartz Cartridge
- Ultra-sensitive Atomic Fluorescence (AF) detector: Typical MDL < 1.0 ng/m3
- Dual-stage gold pre-concentrator and thermal desorber:
- Continuously variable heaters allow ramped heating
- Internal cooling fans provide faster cycle time
- Teflon Load & Vent solenoids reduce sample path contamination
- All Teflon & glass sample train
- Precision mass flow controller for superior stability
- Auto carrier shutoff to conserve carrier gas
- 24 bit A/D converter provides wide dynamic range
- Automated desorption cycle
- Calibration using any saturated vapor injection source eg: Tekran Model 2505
- Controlled via newly updated TekMDS 2.5 software by any Windows™ based PC through single serial port
- The new application is faster, more reliable and offers a wide range of new capabilities including software access to hardware settings and feedback for trouble shooting and full control
- Calibration and final results are calculated directly in ng/m3
- Fully programmable desorption cycle parameters to tailor system for any special application
- Notebook PC allows portable operation
- Natural Gas (ASTM D-6350, ISO 6978-2)
- Process Gas Sampling
- Size: 11'H x 9'W x 17'D (Cover closed)
- Weight: 30 lb (14 kg)
- Electrical: 100-120 or 220-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz. 250 VA max.
- Operating Range: +15 - +30 °C
- Storage Temp + 5 - +45 °C
- Altitude: 0 – 2000 m.
- Humidity: 10 - 95% (Non condensing)
- Detection Limit: < 0.1 pg Hg
- Linearity: > 105
- Carrier Gas: Argon UHP Grade
- Flow range: 0 - 500 ml/m (ball flow meter), 0 - 500 ml/m (MFC)
- Supply Pressure: 30 PSI
- Fittings: 1/8' Compression fittings
- Warm up time: < 30 min
The Model 2600-NG includes the following components and accessories.
- Control Unit
- User Quick Start Guide
- One gold coated field cartridge
- Tek-MDS2 Windows based control software
- Full H/W, S/W and methods documentation
- Option 001 Extra gold coated sampling cartridge (friction fit)
- Option 201 Dell desktop PC for control of system
- Option 202 Dell notebook PC for portable applications