Teledyne Isco - Model 2150EX - Flow Meter for Zone 0 Locations
The 2150EX is an intrinsically safe Area Velocity Flow Meter that is specifically designed and Baseefa-approved for use in Zone 0 and Zone 1 potentially explosive atmospheres under ATEX Directive 94/9/EC. The AV 2150EX smart Area Velocity probe is built on digital electronics, so the analog level is digitized in the sensor itself. The probe is also factory-calibrated for 3 meter span at different temperatures. This superior built-in calibration eliminates temperature drift in the level signal, providing long-term level stability that reduces recalibration frequency and completely eliminates span recalibration.
The 2150EX is powered by the by the 2194EX network interface module for permanent, AC-powered installations, or by the 2196EX battery module for portable use. Highly efficient power management provides battery life of 6.5 weeks at a two-minute data storage interval.
- Rugged, submersible enclosure is permanently sealed to meet IP68 (NEMA 4X, 6P) requirements
- Easy to upgrade. New operating software can be downloaded into non-volatile 'flash' memory via PC connection, without affecting stored program and data, and without removing the 2150EX from the hazardous area.
- Chemically resistant. The epoxy-encapsulated sensor withstands tough applications.
- Rollover memory with variable rate data storage, lets you change the data storage interval when programmed conditions occur.
- Pressure transducer venting system automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure to maintain accuracy
- Quick connect area velocity sensor can be easily removed and interchanged in the field with no recalibration.
- High-capacity internal desiccant cartridge keeps the vent free of moisture during normal operation
- Replaceable hydrophobic filter protects against intrusion of water during submersion.
- Sealed AV sensor resists fouling by oil and grease, eliminating frequent cleanings needed with electromagnetic probes.
- 38.4k baud communication provides speedy setup and data retrieval.
- Open channel flow measurement in Hazardous Locations (ATEX Category 1G)
- Portable and permanent-site AV flow monitoring for inflow and infiltration, sewer overflow, and other sewer studies.
- Measuring shallow flows in small pipes. The low profile Area Velocity sensor minimizes flow stream obstruction and senses velocity in flows down to 25 mm in depth.
- Level measurement in explosive or potentially explosive areas, such as manholes, digesters, and storage tanks.
- Network communication cables and isolator cable for RS-232 connection from hazardous area to computer (in safe area) with 9-pin sub-D serial port.
- Sensor carrier for attaching Low Profile Area Velocity Sensor to Isco Standard Mounting Rings.
- 2194EX Network Interface Module - AC-powered interface module in the safe data isolates power data connections
- 2196EX Battery Module - provides DC power for portable applications
- Size (H x W x D): 22.6 x 28.0 x 19.3 cm including battery compartment
- Material: High-impact ABS
- Enclosure: IP68 (NEMA 4X, 6P, self-certified)
- Power: 7.0 to 9.0 VDC, 100 mA typical at 8 VDC, 1 mA standby. Power is provided by a 2194EX or 2196EX module.
- Approval: Baseefa approved as ATEX Group II category 1G equipment, under ATEX Directive 94/9/EC
- Typical Battery Life (estimated): 2196EX module with permanently installed lead-acid batteries - 6.5 weeks with 2-minute data storage intervals.
- Program Memory: Non-volatile, programmable flash; can be updated using PC without opening enclosure; retains user program after updating
- Flow Rate Conversions: Up to 2 independent level-to-area conversions and/or level-to-flow rate conversions
- Channel Shapes: Round, U-shaped, rectangular, trapezoidal, elliptical, with silt correction
- Data Points: Up to 50 level-area points
Level-to-Flow Rate Conversions
- Weirs: V-notch, rectangular, Cipolletti, Isco Flow Metering Inserts, Thel-Mar;
- Flumes: Parshall, Palmer-Bowlus, Leopold-Lagco, trapezoidal, H, HS, HL
- Manning Formula: Round, U-shaped, rectangular, trapezoidal
- Data Points: Up to 50 level-flow rate points
- Equation: 2-term polynomial
- Total Flow Calculations: Up to 2 independent, net, positive or negative, based on either flow rate conversion
- Data Storage Memory: Non-volatile flash; retains stored data during program updates. Capacity 395,000 bytes (up to 79,000 readings, equal to over 270 days of level and velocity readings at 15 minute intervals, plus total flow and input voltage readings at 24 hour intervals)
- Data Types: Level, velocity, flow rate 1, flow rate 2, total flow 1, total flow 2, input voltage
- Storage Mode: Rollover with variable rate data storage based on level, velocity, flow rate 1, flow rate 2, total flow 1, total flow 2, or input voltage
- Storage Interval: 15 or 30 seconds; 1, 2, 5, 15, or 30 minutes; or 1, 2, 4, 12, or 24 hours. 5 Bytes per reading.
- Setup and Data Retrieval: Serial connection to IBM PC or compatible computer with Isco Flowlink 5.1 Software.
- Baud Rate: 38400
- Temperature range: -40° to 60°C operating and storage
Area Velocity Sensor
- Size (H x W x L): 1.9 x 3.3 x 15.2 cm
- Cable Length x diam: 7.6 m x 0.9 cm
- Weight (including cable): 1.02 kg
- Materials: Sensor - Epoxy, chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC), stainless steel; Cable - Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC), stainless steel.
- Method: Submerged pressure transducer mounted in the flow stream.
- Transducer Type: Differential linear integrated circuit pressure transducer
- Range: 0.010 to 3.05 m
- Maximum Allowable Level: 10.5 m
- Accuracy: ±0.003 m (maximum non-linearity, hysteresis, and temperature error from actual liquid level, from 0.03 to 3.05 m)
- Long-Term Stability: ±0.007 m/yr
- Compensated Range: 0°C to 50 °C
- Method: Doppler ultrasonic, Frequency 500 kHz, Transmission Angle 20° from horizontal
- Typical Minimum Depth: 25 mm
- Range: -1.5 to +6.1 m/s
- Accuracy (in water, uniform velocity, speed of sound = 1480 m/s): ±0.03 m/s for velocities from -1.5 to +1.5 m/s; ±2% of reading for velocities from 1.5 to 6.1 m/s
- Accuracy: ±2°C