Teledyne Isco - Model GLS - Compact Composite Water Sampler
The GLS Sampler is designed for general purpose or priority pollutant sampling in municipal and industrial applications where a full-size sampler is too large. It collects composite samples, based on time or flow intervals, in 1- or 2.5-gallon glass or polyethylene bottles, or in 2-gallon disposable ProPak® bags.
With GLS's simplified programming, setup takes less than a minute. In the field, the operator simply calls up the program with two keystrokes, presses the 'go' button - and the sampling routine begins. You can also key in an alternate program in the field, without losing your stored program.
- Overall diameter is only 16.5 inches (42 cm), so GLS fits easily into manholes as small as 18 inches (46 cm), and also easily drops into most offset manholes.
- Dry weight is less than 25 lbs (12 kg), the lightest sampler in the Isco line.
- Hinged handle makes one-handed carrying a breeze.
- The patented LD90 Liquid Presence Detector and Isco pump revolution counting system deliver accurate, repeatable sample volumes time after time.
- wastewater effluent
- stormwater monitoring
- wastewater effluent
- permit compliance
- pretreatment compliance
Composite Sampling bottle configurations (1-gallon or 2.5 gallon glass or plastic; 2 gallon ProPak disposable sampling system)
Suction lines and strainers
- Size (Diam. x Height): 16.5 x 26.5 inches (42 x 67 cm)
- Weight: 24.5 lbs (11.1 kg) (dry, less battery)
- Sample bottles: 1.0 or 2.5 gallon polyethylene or glass container.
- Power Requirements: 12 volts DC. (Supplied by battery or AC power converter.)
- Intake purge: Purge before and after each sample.
- Tubing life indicator: Provides a message to change pump tubing.
- Intake suction tubing: Length 3 to 99 ft. (1 to 30 m), Vinyl or Teflon® lined, ID 0.375 in. or 0.250 in
- Pump tubing life: 2,000 samples
- Typical repeatability: ±10 ml
- Maximum lift: 26 ft. (7.9 m)
- Typical line velocity @ Head height: 2.9 ft./s @ 3 ft; 2.5 ft./s @ 10 ft; 1.9 ft./s @ 15 ft. (0.76 m/s @ 0.9 m; 0.76 m/s @ 3.1 m; 0.58 m/s @ 4.6 m)
- Sample presence detector: Non-wetted, non-conductive sensor detects when liquid sample reaches the pump to automatically compensate for changes in head heights.
- Operational Temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X, 6 IP67
- Program storage: 1 sampling program (in non-volatile ROM)
- Flowmeter signal input: 5 to 15 volt DC pulse or 25 millisecond contact closure.
- Number of composite samples: Up to 500 maximum
- Clock accuracy: 1 minute per month, typical, for Real Time Clock
- Sampling modes: Uniform time, flow. (Flow mode is controlled by external flow meter pulses.)
- Sample frequency: 1 minute to 9,999 minutes, in 1 minute increments. 1 to 9,999 flow pulses.
- Sample volumes: Programmable 10 to 9,990 ml in 1 ml increments
- Controller diagnostics: Tests for RAM, ROM, pump, and display