Tethys Instruments - Model UV400 ATEX - Online Water Analyzer for Ex Area
The UV400 ATEX, based on a modular concept, allows to monitor one or several parameters for process water, cooling water or waste water. The special enclosure and air purge system allows to use it on hazardous areas classified 'Ex' like refineries and chemical plants. Mainly based on UV spectroscopy, the UV400 ATEX can measure parameters like aromatics hydrocarbons (PAH), hydrogen sulphide, organic matter, ammonia, phosphate and turbidity. Each parameter corresponds to a specific optical module that can be selected by the user while ordering the analyser, depending on the application. Thanks to its automatic cleaning system and its extremely long life time lamp, the maintenance is roughly limited to the periodic refill of the inexpensive cleaning solution and eventually reagents depending on the parameters.
The UV400 ATEX, based on a modular concept, allows to monitor one or several parameters for process water, cooling water or waste water. The special enclosure and air purge system allows to use it on hazardous areas classified 'Ex' like refineries and chemical plants.
Mainly based on UV spectroscopy, well known for its stability and low operating cost, the UV400 ATEX can measure parameters like aromatics hydrocarbons (PAH), hydrogen sulphide, organic matter, ammonia, phosphate and turbidity. Each parameter corresponds to a specific optical module that can be selected by the user while ordering the analyser, depending on the application.
Thanks to its automatic cleaning system and its extremely long life time lamp, the maintenance is roughly limited to the periodic refill of the inexpensive cleaning solution and eventually reagents depending on the parameters.
A web-based interface allows the control and the troubleshooting at distance though an ATEX Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection using a standard browser on a computer or tablet.
Water Analyser - UV400 Atex
- Aromatics Hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Hydrogen Sulphide
EX PZ Protection According to EN94/9/EC
The UV400 atex has a ip 65 stainless steel enclosure with an air purge system ex pz to work on hazardous areas classified 'zone 2' where a risk of explosive atmosphere is present like refineries or chemical plants.
Two alarm contacts are provided if the pressure inside the enclosure drops below the adjustable setting points. This alarm can be used to switch off the power of the enclosure.
A thermostatic vortex cooler can be installed as an option to maintain a moderate temperature inside the enclosure for outside use with High ambient temperature.
After certification, a marking plate can fixed on the enclosure with the specified marking, Example:-
Method : UV - Vis Spectroscopy
All the measurements (pah, h2s, uv254, nh4, po4, colour) are based on uv-vis spectroscopy that brings fast and stable measurements with a simple hydraulic circuit for a high reliability.
All the measurements are done within 5 seconds except h2s, nh4 and po4 that require about 3 minutes.
The UV source is a xenon flash lamp specified for 109 flashes that corresponds to more than 10 years of life time with one measurement every minute.
Three external turbidity probes (high, medium and low range) are also available if the measurement need to be done
in situ, for example before filtering.
Hydrogen Sulphide and Ammonia: A Unique Method
- The hydrogen sulphide and ammonia measurement are based on the uv absorption of the hydrogen sulphide gas or ammonia gas after a stripping phase.
- Consequently, the turbidity or colour of the sample has absolutely no influence and measurements can even be carried on activated sludge.
- The ammonia gas has a typical periodic absorption spectrum that is analysed using a fast fourier transform (fft) that brings an exceptional selectivity. No interference has never been reported after years of operation on many different applications.
- A small quantity of hydrochloric acid is added to the sample for hydrogen sulphide, or naoh solution for ammonia.
Low Maintenance and High Reliability
The design has been specially oriented for low maintenance and high reliability on the measurements.
To avoid deposits on the optical windows and tubing, the UV400 atex has a built-in automatic cleaning system that injects a 5% sulphuric solution normally once day. An auto-zero is performed at the same time to avoid any drift of the measurement. The patented flow cell limit the risk of clogging inside the flow cell.
The level of the cleaning solution as well as reagents for h2s, nh4 or po4 can be controlled at distance to plan the refill.
The colour touch screen and intuitive interface available in 8 different languages (chinese, English, french, german, italian, portuguese, spanish, turkish) makes very easy to test or configure the analyser.
Many test functions allows to test and troubleshoot each element of the analysers (light Signal, pumps, solenoid valves, etc...) To setup quickly a maintenance diagnostic.
The RS232 port supports the MODBUS protocol to transmit each measuring channel value to a SCADA system.
Additional parameters are available like status code, error code, calibration values and pumps run time.
Basic 4-20 mA output modules can be plugged on the main board for each measuring channel, in the limit of 12 modules. A USB port enables to download on any USB key the last 5000 recorded measurements as well as a diagnostic file containing the configuration and useful information for remote troubleshooting.
The new web interface makes possible to drive remotely the analyser from any computer, tablet or i-phone with a web browser. For this, an optional Wi-Fi or Ethernet module is added inside the analyser to connect it to an existing network with an internet gateway.
The recorded measurements file can be imported to Excel for graphs or other treatments.
The software of the analyser can be upgraded by connecting a USB key.
- Sample flow: Recommended:
- 0 - 5 l/min
- 0 - 0.5 l/min for NH4 or H2S
- Sample pressure:
- 0 - 4 Bar (0 - 1 Bar with sampling peristaltic pump)
- 0 - 0.5 Bar for NH4 or H2S
- Sample temperature:
- 0 - 80 °C
- 0 - 30 °C for NH4 or H2S
- Wet parts materials: Quartz, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, FPM (viton), PMMA (+ pharmed and glass for NH4 or H2S)
- Measuring time: 5 sec (Except PO4, NH4, H2S : 3mn)
- Measurement interval:
- 1 min to 720 min (except PO4, NH4, H2S : 4mn.)
- PhysicoChemical parameters may be continuous
- Memory: 5000 lines of measurements (up to 16 channels) with date and time
- Cleaning solution (5% sulfuric acid): 220 ml/day
- Reagent per measurement : 2 ml per measurement / NaOH 10% for NH4: 2 ml per measurement / HCl 10% for H2S: 2 ml per measurement
- Maintenance interval: Recommended: 6 months to 1 year (except for refilling)
- Power supply: 230v AC 50/60 Hz 100 VA (115v on request)
- Screen: Colour TFT LCD 320x240 pixels with LED backlight
- RS232, Modbus or HTTP/Web interface, compatible with Windows7, with Internet Explorer version 9, Nexus 7 tablet under Android with Opera version 12.10, Apple I-phone 4S with Safari
- RS485 for external probes (DO, TSS)
- WI-FI (IEEE802.11B) optional
- Ethernet (IEEE802.3) optional
- Certifications: CE, EN 61010-1, EN 61326
- Enclosure: Stainless Steel IP65
- Dimensions: 750 x 550 x 350 mm
- Weight: 40 to 50 kg depending on the configuration