Tethys Instruments - Model UV300 - Online Water Analyser
The UV300 is a cost effective water analyser for applications focused on one or two parameters. Mainly based on UV spectroscopy, well known for its stability and low operating cost, the UV300 can measure parameters like organic matter, nitrate, colour, aromatics hydrocarbons (PAH). Complementary modules allows the measurement of PO4, Cl2, NO2, Fe, Al by colorimetric method and turbidity by laser diode. External probes can be added for physicochemical parameters like pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen and conductivity. Thanks to its automatic cleaning system and its extremely long life time lamp, the maintenance is roughly limited to the periodic refill of the inexpensive cleaning solution. A new web-based interface allows the control and the troubleshooting from internet on laptop, tablet or i-phone.
- The most common measurements (UV254, NO3, Colour, PAH) are based on the UV-VIS spectroscopy that brings fast and stable measurements with a simple hydraulic circuit for a high reliability.
- All theses measurements are done within 5 seconds. The turbidity of the sample is automatically compensated by a dual-wavelength method as shown on the figure.
- The UV source is a xenon flash lamp specified for 109 flashes that corresponds to more than 10 years of life time with one measurement every minute.
- For PO4, Cl2, NO2, Al, Fe, SiO2, a colorimetric module has been specially developed to reach a very small volume flow cell that reduces the quantity of reagent to preserve the environment and to reduce the operating cost. A multi-wavelength LED source assumes a colour and turbidity compensation with an unlimited life time.
- The patented flow cell allows very high level of suspended solid without clogging for all the optical measurements.
- Physico-chemical measurements like pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, conductivity can be added to the internal measurements by using external probes. The dissolved oxygen probe is based on fluorescence method for a lower maintenance and higher stability. Turbidity can also be measured by external probes.
- Three external turbidity probes (high, medium and low range) are also available if the measurement need to be done in situ, for example before filtering.
1 : xenon lamps,
2 : flow cell,
3 : beam splitter,
4 : peak filter,
5 : peak detector,
6 : reference filter,
7 : reference detector
1 : xenon lamps,
2 : excitation filter,
3 : flow cell,
4 : emission filter,
5 : photomultiplier,
6 : reference photo detector
1 : led,
2 : flow cell,
3 : photo detector,
4 : reagent pump,
5 : reagent tank
1 : Laser diode (650 nm or 850 nm),
2 : flow cell,
3 : Photo detector
1 : Auto Cleaning Technique,
2 : 5% H2SO4 Solution,
3 : Adjustable auto-cleaning period,
4 : Auto zero done on cleaning solution
1 : Allows very high level of suspended solid without clogging for all the optical measurements making it suitable for industrial & municipal waste water application. More...
The colour touch screen and intuitive interface available in 8 different languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish) makes very easy to test or configure the analyser. Many test functions allows to test and troubleshoot each element of the analysers (light signal, pumps, solenoid valves, etc...) to setup quickly a maintenance diagnostic.
The RS232 port supports the MODBUS protocol to transmit each measuring channel value to a SCADA system. Additional parameters are available like status code, error code, calibration values and pumps run time. Basic 4-20 mA output modules can be plugged on the main board for each measuring channel, in the limit of 12 modules. A USB port enables to download on any USB key the last 5000 recorded measurements as well as a diagnostic file containing the configuration and useful information for remote troubleshooting. The new web interface makes possible to drive remotely the analyser from any computer, tablet or i-phone with a web browser. For this, an optional Wi-Fi or Ethernet module is added inside the analyser to connect it to an existing network with an internet gateway. The recorded measurements file can be imported to Excel for graphs or other treatments. The software of the analyser can be upgraded by connecting a USB key.
When different streams need to be analysed, for example inlet and outlet of a plant, a optional multiplexing system delivers relay contacts to control external electric-valves or external pumps.
Up to 6 different streams can be selected.
The measuring channels can be either duplicated (each one having its own 4-20ma output or modbus register), or measured sequentially to fit with the maximum of 16 measuring channels (a modbus register indicates which stream is currently being measured).
The uv300 can adapt to many different kind of sampling depending of the application: surface water, drinking water, process water or wastewater.
If the water is already pressurized, the sample can be admitted directly inside the analyser with a maximal pressure of 4 bars. Otherwise an optional built-in peristaltic pump, synchronised with the measurement to extend the tubing life time, allows to take the sample directly from a tank located up to 6 meters below the analyser. For demanding applications with long distances, another peristaltic pump in a separate enclosure is proposed as an option. For some applications on river water or wastewater where two sampling pumps are necessary, the uv300 deliver a relay contact to synchronise the primary pump. The delay and running time of each pump can be adjusted easily in the parameters menu of the analyser.
The UV300 is a cost effective water analyser for applications focused on one or two parameters.
Mainly based on UV spectroscopy, well known for its stability and low operating cost, the UV300 can measure parameters like organic matter, nitrate, colour, aromatics hydrocarbons (PAH).A complementary module allows the measurement of PO4, Cl2, NO2, Fe, Al by colorimetric method and turbidity by laser diode. External probes can be added for physicochemical parameters like pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen and conductivity. Thanks to its automatic cleaning system and its extremely long life time lamp, the maintenance is roughly limited to the periodic refill of the inexpensive cleaning solution. A new web-based interface allows the control and the troubleshooting from internet on laptop, tablet or i-phone.
- Sample flow: Recommended: 0 - 5 l/min
- Sample pressure: 0 - 4 Bar (0 - 1 Bar with sampling peristaltic pump)
- Sample temperature: 0 - 80 °C
- Wet parts materials: Quartz, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, FPM (viton), PMMA
- Measuring time: 5 sec (except PO4, NO2, Fe, Cr(VI) : 3mn /, Cl2, Al : 2mn / SiO2 : 6 min)
- Measurement interval:
- 1 min to 720 min (If measuring time compatible)
- Physicochemical parameters may be continuous
- Memory: 5000 lines of measurements (up to 16 channels) with date and time
- Cleaning solution (5% sulfuric acid): 220 ml/day
- Reagent per measurement : Al : 0.5ml /
- Cl2, PO4, Fe, NO2, Cr(VI) : 0.6 ml / Sio2 : 1.2 ml
- Maintenance interval: Recommended: 6 months to 1 year (except for refilling)
- Power supply: 90 - 264 VAC 50/60 Hz 40 VA - 12v DC 3A maxi
- Screen: Colour TFT LCD 320x240 pixels with LED backlight
- RS232, Modbus or HTTP/Web interface, compatible with Windows7,
- with Internet Explorer version 9, Nexus 7 tablet under Android with
- Opera version 12.10, Apple I-phone 4S with Safari
- RS485 for external probes (DO, TSS)
- WI-FI (IEEE802.11B) optional
- Ethernet (IEEE802.3) optional
- Certifications: CE, EN 61010-1, EN 61326
- Enclosure: Stainless steel with epoxy coating, IP65, wall mounting brackets
- Dimensions: 420 x 360 x 200 mm
- Weight: 15 to 20 kg depending on the configuration