Thermo Fisher Scientific - Model 1405-F TEOM - Continuous Ambient Air Monitor
The 1405-F TEOM Monitor consists of a Filter Dynamics Measurement System (FDMS) and TEOM mass sensor housed in a single-cabinet compact enclosure, and network-ready configuration that includes a control system with touchscreen user interface. The 1405-F TEOM distinguishes itself from other PM measurement methods by utilizing a direct mass measurement that is not subject to measurement uncertainties found in surrogate techniques. It provides a self-referencing, NIST-traceable true mass measurement.
Take continuous direct measurements of PM-10, PM-2.5, and PM-1 particulates using the Thermo Scientific 1405-F TEOM Continuous Ambient Air Monitor. This monitor utilizes a tapered element oscillating microbalance (TEOM) and Filter Dynamics Measurement System (FDMS) to provide measurements with excellent short-term precision and account for volatile and nonvolatile PM fractions.
- Design that meets U.S. and International Particulate Monitoring Regulations
- Touch-screen GUI interface quickly and intuitively accesses system status, TEOM data, settings, and instrument conditions
- Service screen provides access to software wizards which walk the user through calibration and maintenance procedures with detailed instructions and pictures
Standard System Configuration:
- Menu-driven software for user interaction via a touch-screen display
- ActiVol flow control using Automatic Mass Flow Controller(s) and supplied Ambient Temperature and Ambient Pressure Sensors
- ePort software for local or remote communication, USB port for automated download System configurations include PM-10 and PM-2.5
- Real-time Mass Concentration Average: One hour rolling average updated every six minutes
- Long-Term Averaging: 1, 8, 24 hr.
Activol flow control system uses the mass flow sensors and the measured ambient temperature and pressure to maintain constant volumetric flow rates.
- Sample Filter: Pallflex TX40, 13mm effective diameter
- Sample Conditioner Filter: 47mm diameter housed in an FRM-style molded filter cassette, maintained at 4°C; suitable for collecting and archiving time-integrated PM samples for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Nafion dryer lowers the main flow relative humidity and allows for mass transducer operation at 5°C over the peak air monitoring station temperature
- Purge Filter Conditioner contains a heat exchanger that maintains the temperature of the main flow and particle filter at 4°C to efficiently filter the volatile and nonvolatile PM in the sample
- Connecting and interface cables and vacuum pump
- Consumables for average first year operation (ambient), excluding pump and FDMS dryer refurbishment parts
- Pallflex TX40 Filter, 13mm effective diameter
- Streamline Pro MultiCal System
- Complete Outdoor Enclosure
- Air quality monitoring networks, including background sites
- Special studies and supersites
- Routine input for air quality index
- Remediation projects (Superfund, hazardous waste)
- Indoor air, exposure chamber, and industrial hygiene measurements
- In and around industrial and material handling facilities