Thermo-System - Active Solar Sludge Dryer
From Biosolids Management
Parkson’s THERMO-SYSTEM uses the sun as its main power source to generate 95% of the energy required for drying sludge. The result is significantly reduced operating costs compared to competing technologies like conventional gas or oil fired dryers. The system’s sustainable, drying process is fully automated and is designed with ultimate reliability in mind. A PLC carries a complex drying program that controls and monitors the entire drying process from start to finish, resulting in minimal operator attention or control. The system is engineered to incorporate very few moving parts to maximize reliability and minimize maintenance costs.
The International award-winning Electric Mole automatically turns, distributes and aerates the sludge to dramatically increase drying performance.
THERMO-SYSTEM technology has been used in water and wastewater treatment plants ranging in size from 0.2 MGD to the world’s largest solar drying installation of 40 MGD
- Designed to accept liquid or de-watered sludge
- Fully automated control
- Minimal maintenance required
- Easily loaded and unloaded with trucks, pumps or front-end loaders
- Capable of utilizing waste heat to reduce the required drying area
- Minimizes energy costs by using only 30-40 kWh per ton of water evaporated
- Reduces sludge volume by up to 97%
- Increases product dryness up to 90% dry solids
- Produces Class A biosolids
- Requires very little operator attention