Thermtest - Model TLS-100 - Soil Thermal Conductivity Meter
This soil thermal conductivity meter is designed with ease of use and convenience in mind, is capable of testing soils and other soft materials for thermal conductivity with an excellent accuracy of 5% and reproducibility of 2%. With the available on-board memory, several measurements can be saved and stored. At any point the transfer of saved results to a PC is simple and involves the use of either the SD memory card for direct transfer to Microsoft Excel via an available card slot on the PC or by using the included TLS 100 uploading software.
The TLS-100 is designed to account for any isothermal drift in a sample prior to measurement. This is done by monitoring the sample temperature for 30 seconds prior to testing for ideal stability. In addition, the temperature drift is recorded as part of the analysis, which allows for drift compensation if required.
- Materials Soils, Powders, Solids & Viscous Liquids
- Type of Sensors Transient Line Source
- Applications General Testing
- Measurement Capabilities Bulk Properties
- Thermal Conductivity 0.1 to 5 W/mK
- Thermal Resistivity 0.2 to 10 mK/W
- Measurement Time 120 seconds
- Reproducibility Typically better than 1%
- Accuracy Better than 5%
- Temperature Range -40 to 100°C2
- Smallest Sample 100 mm in length, 50 mm Diameter
- Largest Sample Size Unlimited
- Standard ASTM D5334-14