Model KM 9101.X - Threaded End Ball Valves
From Floating Ball Valves
Threaded end ball valves type KM 9101.X-01(02) are isolating valves designed to fully open or close the service fluid flow. They are not designed to be used for throttling or regulating purposes. The scope of application of the ball valves depends directly on their materials and on the properties and temperature of the service fluid.The standard materials are specified in the datasheet. By agreement and based on service conditions, also other materials than those specified in the datasheet may be used.
The ball valves are designated for heating gases (e.g. natural gas, lighting gas, propane-butane mixture, biogas, coke-oven gas), water, steam (not exceeding +150°C), oxygen, and generally for both corrosive and non-corrosive liquids and gases without mechanical impurities. Service temperature range can be from −50°C to +200°C depending on combination of body material and sealing rings. Allowable service pressures are in compliance with the pressure-temperature ratings (graphs B1, S1, S2, S4).
Ball valve design meets the requirements of EN 1983. The ball valve is with floating ball. The stem design ensures that the stem can not be ejected from the valve body by pressure of the fluid (anti-blow-out stem), internal components are connected to provide conductivity and resistance to formation of electrostatic discharges (anti-static design).
- hand lever
- hand wheel with worm gear
- pneumatic actuator
- electric actuator
Dimensions of flanges for actuator installation are in accordance with ISO 5211. The actuator size depends on the maximum service pressure drop through the ball.
The method of operation is indicated by the third digit of the type designation, which is „0“ for lever and „3“ for actuator (e.g. KM 9131.X-01(02)).
Connection to Piping
Overall dimensions are shown in the datasheet. Dimensions according to standards:
- internal thread G according to EN ISO 228–1 – type KM 9101.X-01
- internal thread NPT according to ANSI B 1.20.1 – type KM 9101.X-02
- dimension of ball bore according to EN 1983
- end-to-end dimension of DN 10–50 according to DIN 3357 part 2
- end-to-end dimension of DN 65–100 not standardized
According to EN 12 266–1 as a standard, i.e. shell strength test P10, P11, seat tightness test P12 (water pressure 1,1×PN and air pressure 0,6 MPa), leakage rate A – zero leakage. If required by the Customer, additional tests may be performed as well.
Installation, Service and Maintenance
The ball valves may be installed into the piping in any arbitrary position. They require no special adjustments or maintenance. They are operable at the full pressure drop which equals to PN.
Optional Accessories, Adjustments and Services
- fire-safe design – fire resistance in accordance with EN ISO 10497 (API 607)
- heating jacket – for keeping the fluid liquid
- lockable handle with a padlock – for locking opened / closed position of the valve
- regulating orifice – for flow regulation depending on turning of lever
- extended stem – e.g. for the reason of insulation of the valve and pipeline
- up-stream vent hole – for balancing pressure into up-stream pipeline
- limit switches
- documentation according to EN 10204 3.1 or 3.2
- 3-piece design
- special adjustments according to customer requests
- valves for nominal pressure classes PN 160, 250
- execution according to standard NACE MR 0175 or ISO 15156