Toshiba - Model P9 - Low Voltage Adjustable Speed Drive
The Toshiba P9 low voltage adjustable speed drive is a revolution in pump control. By incorporating Toshiba's proprietary, ground-breaking Virtual Linear Pump (VLP) Technology, the P9 directly, precisely, and linearly controls pressure, temperature, or flow. The P9 eliminates many obstacles users thought were an integral part of pump control and sets a new standard in ingenuity, performance, and ease-of-use for the pump industry.
- P9 VLP Technology is a Toshiba proprietary pumping algorithm to improve upon PID style pump control
- VLP Technology allows for equal load sharing among multiple pumps in parallel allowing for exponential energy savings through the Affinity Laws for centrifugal fans and pumps
Start & Stop Points
These points determine when to start and stop the pump based on user-set values and system feedback on pump water levels. These points work with a delay timer to ensure that frequent fluctuations in the system feedback do not unnecessarily start and stop the pump.
The timer shuts off the pump in order to reduce energy consumption and prolong the lifespan of pumping equipment after it has run at the VLP minimum for a user-specified amount of time.
Run External Devices Feature
This feature turns on external booster pumps to support the primary pump when necessary to increase energy savings and minimize pump and system failures.
No-Flow/Low NPSH Cut-Off Feature
This feature for the P9 LV Pumping Control stops the pump once loss of feed water or a closed output valve has been detected to protect against cavitation.
Sealing Water/Vacuum Priming Feature
This P9 feature automatically controls and improves system reliability by monitoring water flow and water level, and starting the pump once water flows through the seal or the pump is full of water.
The VLP algorithm has helped to make PID obsolete and reinvents the way that users control pressure or flow. Once VLP points have been established, the P9 will perform the following functions:
- Monitor Multi-Pump Systems for Friction Losses, Impeller Variations, & Other System Variables
- Adjust the System Accordingly to Ensure Only Necessary Pumps are Operating
- Balance Flow Rates for Each Operating Pump Under All Conditions
- Balance the Load for All Operating Pumps
The P9 drive can be utilized in industries as diverse as; Chemical, City Municipality, Coal Mine, Food, Industrial Marine, Irrigation, Paper, Petroleum, Power Plant, and Water/Wastewater.
- Pump Jacks
- Punch Presses
- Cupping Presses